Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » How many thousands of plants do you think people must have experimented with before discovering a nice high from marijuana?

How many thousands of plants do you think people must have experimented with before discovering a nice high from marijuana?

Then they also discovered the pleasurable effect of smoking tobacco... but who would spend so much time doing all that 'research'?

Posted - February 2, 2020

Responses

We did not have to experiment as many people suggest. We are a very intelligent species, created by intelligence.

Even the birds know what to eat and not eat....
      February 2, 2020 2:12 AM MST

That is by animal instinct the various species 'know' what to feed on. People have a certain amount of instinct and reasonable intelligence  but how would anyone simply know they can get a high from a certain plant without experimenting?
      February 2, 2020 6:32 AM MST

It sure speaks to boredom or desperation, doesn’t it? 

February 2, 2020 6:23 AM MST

This was many many years ago, so I don't remember many details.

I was with some friends who were visiting someone I didn't know. The man had a book called something like "An Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants," which I skimmed through. It had HUNDREDS of entries.

Human beings (and other species) like altered states of consciousness, and some of us will try just about anything to achieve them.

The latest I've heard about is one can get an opioid-like high from ingesting large amounts of anti-diahrreahal drugs like Immodium-AD. Pharmacies in some area have taken to locking up those products because of thefts. This is a very dangerous way to get a high because, as you can imagine, overdosing on anti-diarrhea drugs when one doesn't have diarrhea makes one super constipated.
      February 2, 2020 7:15 AM MST

Interesting.. I take kratom for pain relief which is a mild opioid, it is a powde- source is leaves of a tree grows in south Asian countries and legal to buy non-prescription. 
      February 2, 2020 11:35 PM MST