Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What job is safest and which is most dangerous? Would you want to have either one of them?

What job is safest and which is most dangerous? Would you want to have either one of them?

Posted - February 3, 2020

Responses

I'd say an office job is probably the safest.
    But what if you get a "paper cut" from something infected with a highly virulent strain of disease?
    (I often joke with coworkers about filing a "workers comp" claim for paper cuts.)  LOL

Working at home is probably more dangerous than working in an office ... because most (traffic) accidents happen within 10 miles of home.
    Allegedly.  I mean, that's what I've always heard.
    And if your "home business" involves power tools - you probably aren't wearing the appropriate safety equipment, which you would be required to do otherwise.

I don't know what the "most dangerous" job would be.
    Wrestling alligators?  Capturing wildlife?
    I think those would be even more dangerous than being a "stuntman" - since there are loads of safety requirements, when doing that job. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at February 3, 2020 10:55 AM MST
      February 3, 2020 8:40 AM MST

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Walt. I think these days of weaponized crackpots they come to you wherever you are so safe is another one of those things we no longer are or have available to us. Schools churches, businesses homes the freeway an open-air concert. SIGH. Those were the days in the long ago when we didn't have so much fear simply going to work or going out. I wonder if those days are gone forever?
      February 3, 2020 10:57 AM MST

The occupations listed among the most hazardous include building, deep-sea fishing and farming.

You could say office work is among the safest, if you ignore the traffic hazards in commuting, but they do have stealthier hazards to health such as RSI, eye-strain and obesity. 

The problem comes if you start to analyse these further, because you then start considering the risks as well as the hazards.
      February 4, 2020 2:58 PM MST