Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you believe right-wing extremists pose more of a threat than ISIS extremists?

Do you believe right-wing extremists pose more of a threat than ISIS extremists?

We have a programme in the UK called prevent - it runs through all schools, colleges and I think businesses - it's designed to pick up signs of extremism and especially terrorism threats. It focuses on people who are, or are in danger of being converted to extremist views. It protects others from those who try to radicalise others. 

So the latest findings of the programme apparently show that way more of the reports they received have been from right wing extremists than ISIS extremists.

What should we think about that? Are there really more right wing extremists? or are there less reports of ISIS type extremists? Which is more dangerous anyway?

Posted - November 22, 2016

Responses

I'm reading Paul of Dune now. Frank's son took over now that daddy is dead and is filing in the spots that Herbert never explained.

I think Tolkien's son did that as well.  The Ring, The Spice, and Winter is COMING!!!!  What next man?
      November 22, 2016 11:00 AM MST

• Woops. I changed my comment. I will change it back.
      November 22, 2016 11:00 AM MST

Yes, that helped immeasurably.  (?) LOL

Isn't it terrific we can change our answers?  Think about this one.  You just gave me a terrific idea.

Let's bait people with terror in our coments.  Then when they come back to scream at us, we can totally change what we said to make them look INSANE.

We can do this over and over again and then TELL ON THEM.  Tell JA.  Tell her this person is erratic and quite ready to explode.  

But then what would we do in the morning without PET?
      November 22, 2016 11:05 AM MST

• I would cry on the train because I thought PET was missing...............
      November 22, 2016 11:06 AM MST

I know.   The Milenials (I still can't spell that) have not advanced THAT far. You cannot make a bot out of a unicorn yet.  It is just too damned
    "ethereal". (1.)

1. ethereal; synonym for bat**** crazy x 1000 This post was edited by my2cents at November 23, 2016 3:59 PM MST
      November 22, 2016 11:31 AM MST

I don't think anything's more of a threat than ISIS extremists.
      November 22, 2016 2:19 PM MST