Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Guess who didn't know they loved a lot of hip hop? Me. Who knew? I did not see all the obvious signs.

Guess who didn't know they loved a lot of hip hop? Me. Who knew? I did not see all the obvious signs.

If you trust me and listen to this, it is very good.  You want to move.  It is clever and catchy with cool words like rake it up.  No one knows what that means but everyone really does.

So, listen to the point where the song is announced RAKE IT UP and watch for a few minutes.  It is very fun.  And they are amazing.  And the music sticks in your head in a good way.

Sharon the 70 year old selling hip hop to the bored.  Why do I exist? 

Hip Hop is DANCE music.    What took me sooooooo long?????   I haven't danced in a LONG ass time.   I used to dance every day of my life.  I love to dance.  

I'm baaaack from the dead.  Anyone who does not sing and dance all the time is half dead.

Posted - February 13, 2020

Responses

•   February 13, 2020 4:47 PM MST

No.  I am not a poser.  That is never my modus operandi.   I am getting some life from this music.  I am amazed and impressed at how good it has gotten.  I cannot stand rhythm and blues and ballads as a rule.   P Ddidy did nothing for me.    But I loved TLC and Beyonce'.  Then I forgot about most of it.   Until recently when I started watching music vids and dance vids in my spare time.
    Catchy beats and memorable rhythms are invigorating to me.  That is all.  I did get some great oversized hoooded jackets that I rock with matching neon boots.  Maybe I am a poser.  But they all copied me.  I was wearing oversized stuff decades ago.   I love big clothes and tight clothes.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 14, 2020 3:04 PM MST
      February 13, 2020 4:51 PM MST

• I would never think of you as a poser :) 
      February 13, 2020 4:54 PM MST

No.  It is not me.  Nor you.  It is too much fun to be alpha females.  Do what WE want.   Very gangsta.  I wish I could find this one song.  I cannot remember the name.  It is filthy, but it has such a great beat and I love it.  
      February 13, 2020 4:59 PM MST

• Remember it and I’ll put it in my gangsta corner ... I’ve been neglecting my corner for a month so I need some new songs ;) 
      February 13, 2020 5:00 PM MST

This beotch doesn't need any music.  She is gangsta.  
      February 13, 2020 5:06 PM MST

•  video Not available in my country.. BAH! 
      February 13, 2020 5:07 PM MST

Don't worry.  If Trump gets re-elected, I'm moving out of here.  And I need a country where I can speak English.  And they need massage therapists.  
      February 13, 2020 5:08 PM MST

Makes me want to meet you in person and hang out together. 

I think of the action of raking leaves. "Rake it up" could mean gather, clear away or tidy up.

Original rap dance was characterised by each dancer inventing a unique set of moves and gestures.
    What struck me about this clip was the way it had left the street and lost its individuality.
    Even so, I enjoed watching.

The music strikes me as good fun for indoor exercise on a rainy day.
    I've added it to my repertoire of world fusion.

Thanks! :D
      February 13, 2020 6:57 PM MST

I hate screeching teenagers and words/lyrics that are indecipherable. I like hip-hop and street dance, though. These guys are freaks.

February 14, 2020 3:20 PM MST

That I understand.

February 14, 2020 3:28 PM MST

I don't want screaming or nothinig like that.  I want good music, clever music and fun.  Not this macho bull crap.

That's why I think you don't like Billie Eilish. You have never really heard her.  You just see a few seconds and make up an opinion.  

I get it.  I used to despise Justin Bieber and his fans.  I now see what people saw in him.  I am a slow learner too.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 14, 2020 3:47 PM MST
      February 14, 2020 3:43 PM MST

The first time I saw this I was overwhelmed by the timing and athleticism.    I also got the feeling after a bunch of these choreographies that it took on the feeling of an exercise routine rather than a dance routine.  They are amazing athletes but the moves are repeated too much and I don't like dance that acts out the words.  They do that too much.  But otherwise I find it amazing when they come up with an original and unique number.  And it is fun to find such numbers.  And the music is very fun to dance or clean house or massage to.  

And I would DIE to hang out with you.  What a dream come true that would be.  
      February 14, 2020 3:42 PM MST

Also I HATE BOLLYWOOD  dancing.  I hate it. They look stupid to me.  But the moves are VERY similar to Hip Hop. So, I guess I am a hypocrite.  
      February 14, 2020 3:50 PM MST