Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Today was Valentines DAY????? No one even mentioned it at all on here. Including me. I didn't know. Did you?

Today was Valentines DAY????? No one even mentioned it at all on here. Including me. I didn't know. Did you?

correction:  Sorry, kittygate, YOU, afterall, were the one who informed me of Valentine's Day just a second ago.  So, you deserve credit for my knowing.  

Posted - February 14, 2020

Responses

I knew it was Valentine's Day and that is why I wasn't here, until now. 
    I created a romantic weekend getaway for Don.  Yesterday was just the beginning. He has No clue. 
    In just a matter of hours, he is in for a big surprise! 
    :) ;)

February 15, 2020 4:28 AM MST

• I remembered it was Valentine’s Day yesterday, but I did forget that this weekend is a long weekend. WAS BEST NEWS EVER finding out on Friday that Monday is a holiday! I’m usually counting down to long weekends, so I don’t know how I forgot about it. 
      February 15, 2020 6:25 AM MST

Spent the day with Ari - but not celebrating.
    It was the first day in a week when it wasn't heavily raining. (Yes, the La Niña has arrived at last, extinguished the bushfires and brought the floods - though the drought continues in the Outback.)
    The grass had grown and was starting to set seed - so Ari used the brushcutter while I mowed and weeded.

But we did celebrate the day after - a walk on the beach at Kingsliff, a Fettuccini Leonora at a beachside café, and watching the film "Emma."

"Emma" turned out to be well suited to Valentine's - all about who marries who, a very silly Fin de Siecle romance which takes the p*ss out of snobbery and shows how damaging and stupid it is.
    It probably deserves 8 out of 10 rotten tomatoes - not really worth seeing.

Sorry I wasn't here to wish you a happy Valentine's, Sharonna. But I wish you lots of love in your life, all you could want.

What would your ideal Valentine's Day look like?
      February 15, 2020 4:13 PM MST

• I sent one VD message out  to someone. That was the big hooray for that.
      February 15, 2020 5:17 PM MST

This made me laugh; when I saw VD I read venereal disease.  Very romantic!  
      February 15, 2020 5:21 PM MST

• Hee-hee-hee
      February 15, 2020 6:02 PM MST

• I only sent one to one person too... then I worked and was in bed by 7pm.. We weren’t supposed to get old Ffs. But that was a good enough Valentine’s Day for me, so I guess getting old isn’t that bad lol. 
      February 15, 2020 5:26 PM MST

• Finding blame you one bit
      February 15, 2020 6:04 PM MST

• You were the only one I said happy valentines too, dummy. lol  
      February 15, 2020 6:05 PM MST

• I got it.  I meant going to bed at 7.

*hug
      February 15, 2020 6:07 PM MST

Yes, I knew.  However he doesn't wear any kind of jewelry except one big ring.  I had plans to buy him a gift but found all out he will wear is a tattoo. He has enough those and I wanted to give him something he didn't have. 
      February 15, 2020 5:58 PM MST

I received the best Valentine ever yesterday.  
      February 15, 2020 6:05 PM MST