Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What do drug addicts look like? How do those on meth or whatever is popular act/behave? Is a crackhead in your presence always OBVIOUS?

What do drug addicts look like? How do those on meth or whatever is popular act/behave? Is a crackhead in your presence always OBVIOUS?

Posted - February 17, 2020

Responses

You'd be surprised Rosie....the biggest used are the posh ,famous or well off business people in the city that never get targeted or caught by the police....it's rampant in most al fancy clubs...
    You only really notice the down and outs that have reached the bottom and have run out of money and self respect....
      February 17, 2020 3:32 AM MST

Here's why I asked. Yesterday a friend was over for a visit. Our landlord had arranged for a plumber to come in and snake the bathtub which was clogged. Plumber was here the day before and STORMED OUT and slammed the door saying "I will not take this job"! Why? Well apparently because Jim asked him a question or two while he was working. It seems this guy gets ENRAGED when folks do that. The landlord told us AFTER THE FACT. Very dumb of him not to WARN us in advance! So the plumber called to complain about us and the landlord soothed his feathers and calmed him down then our landlord INSTRUCTED US to just open the door so he could come in and do his job and LEAVE HIM ALONE. The first day he was striding through talking VERY LOUD waving his arms as if he were very badly Palsied. He looked crazier than a loon. So we did not want him coming back but it was not our call. So we did as we were told though I objected strongly to having him come back again. Anyway our friend said "he is on something". I asked him what he meant and he said he thought guy was on meth or something because his behavior though marginally better than the day before was odd erratic and weird. He said he had a neighbor who used meth and was a very heavy user and DIED at the age of 42 from it and this guy looked like he was in the throes of addiction. I don't know if he is a meth head drug addict or whatever addict or not. All I know is he was scary and very odd and I hope I never see him again. Long backstory for which I apologize. Thank you for your reply D. I don't know why any SANE person would do that to him/herself. Go figger! :( This post was edited by RosieG at February 18, 2020 2:06 AM MST
      February 17, 2020 3:49 AM MST

I've been in many people's homes with ny dad and brothers Rosie doing all sorts of jobs or early on just assisting them....mostly my dad takes in his own jobs and only works for his circle of clients...most al are really nice and a few of the really posh one can be very peculiar or fussy...They have such wierd ideas about things and generally no common sense at all
    Unless you live in an old house with iron pipes ,blockages are not that hard to fix....hair and tipping fat and oil down kitchen sinks and baths and basins is mostly the problem....Rust and build up of sediment in pipes with inadequate falls on pipes are the hardest to unblock..
    I think I would now straight away if someone was off if his crust on someting...if he was into doing that sort of stuff ,he should not be allowed to work in people's homes ,if he's that erratic to ,you should not let him in your home and if you though that later msust ask him to go... 
      February 18, 2020 2:22 AM MST

We rent and the house is in a retirement complex built in the 1960's D. Right now there is massive renovation going on in both bathrooms.  Vanities and sinks are gone and have been for a few weeks. We have the double sink in the kitchen though so we aren't totally without a place to brush our teeth!. One toilet is gone. The shower remains in one bathroom and one toilet is in the other. We've had plumbing problems ever since we moved here 12 years ago. A few months ago tree branches blocked the drains and they had to dig down to find the pipe in the front and extend it up to reach easily so if it needs snaking it will be accessible. We're supposed to put ROOT KILL down both toilets and flush twice a year to keep the roots from growing back. I expect it to kill whatever trees the roots belong to but who knows? Estimated completion is 2-3 weeks. This has been going on at one level or another since EARLY DECEMBER. We will be glad to reach the finish line. Stuff happens! Thank you for your thoughtful reply D and the advice. Hope there is never a "next" time with that crackpit wackadoodle guy. :)
      February 18, 2020 1:34 PM MST

I can understand how roots can get into one hundered year old clay pipe drains Rosie...but not into realitivly new ones....
    To kill roots that have got into drains quickly,just use bags of road salt....just desolve it in  buckets of hot waster and tip it down your toilets or outside drain gullies...using salt is not harmful either...plus it kills roots very quickly within a day or so...
    It seems a long time to be without a bathroon sink as well....
      February 18, 2020 2:46 PM MST

What is "road salt" D? Is it different from table salt? Oh. Is it the kind of salt that's used to melt ice on roads? How much do the bags weigh? Do you buy them in a store that sells construction material? We used a bottle of root kill weeks ago per instruction of the plumber who got rid of the obstruction TEMPORARILY. And we were told to repeat that twice a year and we would have no problem with roots. Are directions on the salt bags so we know what proportions to use? If it comes in 50 lb bags there's no way we could lift it. AARRGGHH. Anyway I appreciate the information and we can look into it. Do you have tree root problems too? It isn't something one thinks about in advance. At least we never did. Thank you for your helpful reply. We have two sinks and one toilet out on the patio where they've been for many weeks. Both vanities were broken down and put in plastic bags. They will be discarded. We live in a construction zone and have for too long a time. But we are managing. For awhile we had no toilets and that's when we bought a Porta Potty which we keep in the garage which is attached to the house. We're pretty good at "roughing it" now. It will be nice to get back to "normal" but I wonder will it be a new normal? Will keep you informed. ((hugs)) Happy Wednesday to thee D! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 19, 2020 5:13 AM MST
      February 19, 2020 2:43 AM MST

Bags in England are 20 -25 kg or 50 lbs roughly it's what they put on roads, paths,pavements to keep them free of ice in winter....you can buy smaller bags also.....it's sold in Builders Merchants ,Grparden Centers and hardware stores Rosie....it's cheap here and works really quickly....
    You can buy sulphuric acid to tip down sinks to instantly disolve hair and other crud that accumulates....wear thick rubber long gloves as it will disolve your skin in seconds ,it eats through  anything organic in seconds.....
      February 19, 2020 5:26 AM MST

((hugs)) Did I tell you lately that I love you D? Thank you for being most helpful. Jim is in the shower right now but I'm going to let him read this response plus your prior one. Once the renovation is complete (2-3 weeks) we can set about to prepare for the next root kill. How OFTEN should we do it? The ROOT KILL canister says twice a year. You know what you just did don't you? Guess to whom I'm gonna go futurely for such info? Geez you've been a resource all this time and I never "tapped" you. My bad. Thanks again sweetie. I appreciate it. You know you go to the stores and they all will tell you something different. When you are totally ignorant as we are all they do is confuse us! :):):):):) This post was edited by RosieG at February 19, 2020 3:58 PM MST
      February 19, 2020 5:30 AM MST

Do you have a lot of trees,bushes or shrubs over or near your drain runs Rosie...
    you can get your drains videoed for a cost of one hundred pounds plus in England...it's worth the cost as it lets you know foot by foot just where your drain pipes are damaged...all roots seek out water...more so if they carry human waste....manure from animals and humans are just what all plant life seeks out .....we feed ofind of plants and the plants feed indirectly off of us in nature....dead or alive every living thing feeds of each other in one way or another....it's just what nature invented billions of years ago...

you  don't really need to do it if your drains are installed correctly and have no cracks or breaks in the pipes...Do you know what your drains are made if ? Plastic ,salt glazed if old ...we have many types of new vitrified earthenware drain pipes in England...if laid correctly ,it's unlikely they will fail .....
    There is a skill in laying drains correctly ...get the falls  wrong  and all will block up...
    In my teens and from a very young age ,I was with my dad as often as I could when he went to work....I was with him when he and his guys did every trade and always wanted to try what anyone was doing....I watched intensly and picked things up so easilly...
    You can't name any trade that I've not dabbled in....out of them all ,I love making wooden things....
      February 19, 2020 4:22 PM MST

I don't know what I've done Rosie......you only have to ask if you want any unbiased advice...it's not hard to check it out on line if you know what to ask about,...
      February 19, 2020 4:29 PM MST

Meth ages a person. And destroys their teeth. 

February 17, 2020 4:39 AM MST

The friend who was visiting us told us that m2c. Teeth rot out from meth. Ick! Thank you for your reply. I guess those are photos of meth users? Can't say it does much to enhance their appearance. :)
      February 18, 2020 1:36 PM MST

Yes if you look closely they are grouped by person showing how it ages a person in just a couple years....looking like 20 + yrs went by in just 2 or 3. I have nk idea why anyone would put something like that in their body.  
      February 18, 2020 1:42 PM MST

Do you seriously not know?  Do you own a Television set?  

There are tons of news items and movies and tv shows about this subject.  The drug has been out for 50 years or more.  And if you go grocery shopping, have you never seen someone hitting you up for money in the store parking lots?  That is a favorite tactic of theirs.  They are everywhere.    Here's WHITNEY HOUSTON.  She had her own TV show during some of this insanity.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 18, 2020 2:03 PM MST
      February 18, 2020 2:01 PM MST

Here is Whitney higher than a kite if you want to know how they act on crack.

February 18, 2020 2:06 PM MST

Here's what one drug addict looks like...

Limbaugh admits addiction to pain medication
      February 19, 2020 5:24 PM MST