Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Have you ever been mentioned in someone's suicide note?

Have you ever been mentioned in someone's suicide note?

Posted - March 3, 2020

Responses

As far as I know, I have not. 
    ~
      March 3, 2020 7:57 AM MST

Isn’t it a bit early in the week for this type of question? and no. 

March 3, 2020 8:42 AM MST

• And you know how I managed to get here?  I heard someone in the office mention something about Superman and it reminded me of that show Smallville.  I used to work with a guy that was completely obsessed with Smallville.  He had a pretty intense crush on a girl that also working with us.  The guy had all kinds of problems but a few years later ended up hanging himself. A group of us from the place we had worked sat together and the girl he had a crush on told us that his mom had called him asking all kinds of questions right after it happened because apparently he had written a ton of stuff about her that they found in his room.  A couple years after that it was discovered there was an actual note and he mentioned her by name along with talking about how if he can't have her he doesn't want to live. Pretty disturbing stuff. 
      March 3, 2020 8:49 AM MST

That’s awful, even though she most likely that knew not her fault I’m sure that’s something that will weigh on her for life. 

March 3, 2020 9:01 AM MST

In my opinion, it’s a very good question, I don’t think it’s either ill-timed or morbid at all.
    ~ This post was edited by Randy D at March 4, 2020 6:37 AM MST
      March 3, 2020 8:59 AM MST

What if your name had been mentioned in a suicide note though? This question would ruin your week. 

This post was edited by Jaimie at March 4, 2020 6:50 AM MST
      March 3, 2020 9:02 AM MST

(not note)

If that were the case, there’s a possibility that I might merely answer the question. I’m not saying that your opinion has to mirror mine, I’m just presenting a different point of view. 

~
      March 4, 2020 6:08 AM MST

Stop bossing me around and confusing me with mirrors. 
      March 4, 2020 6:51 AM MST

Wait, who are you again?

~
      March 4, 2020 7:08 AM MST

Kind of - a guy in my homeroom class blamed the class for him hanging himself. I didn't think I had done anything that would make him want to kill himself but it still made me feel like I could of done something to prevent it. Cheers!
      March 3, 2020 8:49 AM MST

I don't know anyone who committed suicide.  My name may have been mentioned in other notes, however.
      March 3, 2020 2:31 PM MST