Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Shuhak
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "There was no racism before Obama". So said Kathy Miller former Trump Ohio campaign chairperson. She resigned. She didn't take it back. Do you agree racism is due to Obama? How did he do it?

"There was no racism before Obama". So said Kathy Miller former Trump Ohio campaign chairperson. She resigned. She didn't take it back. Do you agree racism is due to Obama? How did he do it?

Posted - September 23, 2016

Responses

I bet she was a charter member of the" Tea Party"..... Chances are she was a " birther" too !

September 23, 2016 6:02 AM MDT

I don't believe there was no racism before Obama. But I do believe for whatever reason it has gotten worse under Obama.
    Probably a lot to do with people not being able to criticize Obama on issues without being called racist. And everyone wanting to play identify politics.
      September 23, 2016 6:05 AM MDT

Things have become much worse while Obama is president but I do not think it is the fault of Obama. I think there is just a growth in groups that serve to divide black people from white people and control black people in ways that make them look negative.

September 23, 2016 7:25 AM MDT

It's gotten a lot worse under Obama! 

September 23, 2016 8:05 AM MDT

September 23, 2016 8:05 AM MDT

September 23, 2016 8:08 AM MDT

I think Obama 'opened the door' to the groups that serve to divide our country when he said the Cambridge Police "acted stupidly" without know the facts and continued to interject himself into events without knowing the facts. He fueled the flames of unrest rather than trying to solve the problem. I find it strange that he would do this, but fails to speak out against the hate speech of groups like BLM and the NBP, Those groups are no better than the KKK!

September 23, 2016 8:13 AM MDT

Hello S:

Yeah..  Some people just can't cotton to their America with a black president.. 

excon

September 23, 2016 8:13 AM MDT

There you go again --- making it all about Obama's race. I'll repost what I said above:

I think Obama 'opened the door' to the groups that serve to divide our country when he said the Cambridge Police "acted stupidly" without know the facts and continued to interject himself into events without knowing the facts. He fueled the flames of unrest rather than trying to solve the problem. I find it strange that he would do this, but fails to speak out against the hate speech of groups like BLM and the NBP, Those groups are no better than the KKK!

September 23, 2016 8:16 AM MDT

Because he had the audacity to be black and President.

http://bossip.com/676317/a-gallery-of-racist-tweets-about-obama3920/

September 23, 2016 8:46 AM MDT

Hello again, S:

Nahhh...  Lemme guess..  You're one of Sarah Palin's REAL Americans...  HER America was not only predominantly white, but white Christian, AND provincial, to boot. 

Bummer for you.  Instead black people, women, immigrants and LGBT folks are assuming positions of prominence and power.. That's just something "REAL" Americans can't abide..

excon

September 23, 2016 8:48 AM MDT
  • Huw

Racism  in America is at least as old as European colonization of America. Prejudice against "blacks" began at least in 1619, when the first African Americans were put on the block for sale in Virginia. Kathy Miller's incredible statement is a demonstration of the utter ignorance -of EVERYTHING!- that pervades the Trump presidential campaign. I can only quote Ludwig Wittgenstein: "Of that of which we cannot speak, we must perforce be silent."

September 23, 2016 8:50 AM MDT

Oh come on.

September 23, 2016 8:57 AM MDT

• It's an all-time great quote, and it gets better the more you know of the conversation.  :)

http://imgur.com/9bvrvL8

and the look on the interviewer's face is priceless.

http://imgur.com/a/cpBrN

It's the information contained in her resignation statement I find most interesting though.  And depressing.

Turns out she was an elector to the Electoral College.  

Excuse me while I take a lie down in a darkened room for an hour or two.

September 23, 2016 9:33 AM MDT

September 23, 2016 10:21 AM MDT

And why do you imply that the people of the "taxed enough already" movement (there never was a TEA Party) are racist?

September 23, 2016 10:50 AM MDT

Well, gee; how can there be "racism" when every human being, every life form on the planet emerged from the same starting point? It's truly a puzzlement.

Groups of humans always have and will continue to find differences amongst themselves to exploit for personal gain. Skin color is one of the most obvious to exploit; just ask albinos in equatorial Africa who are hunted and killed for that little genetic anomaly how they feel about it? Many other physical attributes fall into that category as well. Things such as left-handedness (that was the "sinister" hand and needed to be cut off), red hair, blonde hair, to name just a very few. If it's a characteristic that falls outside the statistical normalcy for the group someone will take offense.

The vast majority of most societies now realize how ridiculous such "prejudices" are. But so long as certain "leaders" continue to accumulate wealth by fanning those flames the problem will continue. Nothing can change that, it's just human nature, unfortunately.

September 23, 2016 11:04 AM MDT

Talk about being prejudice! AND, I'll note you are WRONG on SP's Real Americans.

You don't like what I said, which is true, so, typical of you, you turn it into a personal attack when you know NOTHING about me. So, I'll fill you in - I am mixed race, not Christian and married to an immigrant. I have 1 gay cousin and 2 lesbian cousins, all of whom I'm close to. My grandparents on both sides immigrated to this country. I find YOU offensive in your judging of people YOU don't agree with!

AND I'll add, you obviously can't handle a valid point that busts your little bubble!

September 23, 2016 12:47 PM MDT

Well put!

September 23, 2016 12:58 PM MDT

Hello again, S:

I saw that I attacked your ARGUMENT, but I did NOT get personal..  I DO understand that you can't tell the difference...    If anybody is getting personal it's YOU..

excon

September 23, 2016 1:11 PM MDT

You posted "Nahhh...  Lemme guess..  You're one of Sarah Palin's REAL Americans...  HER America was not only predominantly white, but white Christian, AND provincial, to boot. ....."  That was not an "attack" on my posting, but an attack on me.

Now I'm done with you!

September 23, 2016 2:00 PM MDT

There has only been more since he took over because ppl we're more upfront and feeling like they could get away with it better. For the first time there was a ""black"" president. Black lives matter, and now we can all see it is so.
      September 23, 2016 6:39 PM MDT

Hello again, S:

I didn't know that accusing someone of being a right winger WAS an attack..

excon

September 23, 2016 6:52 PM MDT

So  any person of color, especially African Americans who are very accomplished/successful are also guilty of the very same thing. I see. Nothing complicated about that OS. Any simpleton can grasp/comprehend that. Mahalo for your reply and the link which I shall click onto next. Happy Saturday! :)

September 24, 2016 1:44 AM MDT