Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Mobster Joe or Grave Fugitive Bernie? Who has the best policies/life expectancy to lead this country forward?

Mobster Joe or Grave Fugitive Bernie? Who has the best policies/life expectancy to lead this country forward?

If you want to elaborate on any policies that would be most enlightening. 

Posted - March 6, 2020

Responses

March 6, 2020 9:53 AM MST

• Their records STINK!  What caught my eye right off the bat is Bernie voted no on restricting UN funding for population control policies.  I wonder what the plan is for overpopulation in America.
      March 6, 2020 10:04 AM MST

That is an abortion vote. He supports abortion. And believes he should fund it.
      March 6, 2020 10:09 AM MST

He doesn't need a plan for overpopulation.  Mother Nature takes care of that with diseases like the plague, SARS, HIV, influenza, COVID-19.  Every stop to think that each time we have a major breakthrough in conquering fatal diseases, Mother Nature comes up with something new?  That's natural population control, and with climate change that will eventually cause there to be less and less arable land, there will be starvation and more disease so the earth will be in balance with the population.  
      March 6, 2020 11:58 AM MST

• I don't think he has a plan, and Biden's plan is to follow in Obama's footsteps.  I don't like that plan.  I like what I'm seeing from the Trump administration.  There are jobs to be had for those who want jobs.  I don't want a handout, and don't need a bailout. 
      March 6, 2020 1:31 PM MST

I think Biden would like to build on Obama's legacy where there is success and alter those areas that need it.  I don't think Biden would do something as rash as Trump in cutting the tax to the obscenely wealthy and big business and incurring a drastic increase in the debt.  Aren't the Republicans supposed to be the ones who believe in fiscal responsibility?  As for handouts and bailouts, Trump did exactly that with the agricultural community when the trade war with China commenced and they weren't buying from us.  How many farmers went belly-up?  He allocated billions of dollars to the big farmers and pennies to the ones who needed it the most.  Once a family loses their farm, there is nothing to bail out - they are left high and dry.
      March 6, 2020 8:46 PM MST

Given these two oldsters, it might be more important than usual who they pick as VP.
    (Lets not have another ignorant Creationist lemming)
      March 6, 2020 2:42 PM MST

I've been thinking the same thing---Biden to provide a convalescent period for the US of A, with a capable pace-keeper to take charge if necessary.

I am a Catholic.---Pence says he is a Catholic as well, but it would embarrass me to be included in a sentence that states that we are both "Catholic."
      March 6, 2020 3:06 PM MST

Like the obnoxious kid in homeroom who never bathed: He’s part of the group whether he does it credit or not...

We have atheists of this ilk as well. ;) 
      March 6, 2020 3:49 PM MST

Which you just did. Brilliant.
      March 7, 2020 3:39 PM MST

Totally missed the syntax in my comment.

I have various people on Q & A sites that I feel obligated to respond to when they post certain types of comments.  There are no slots open on my list at the moment, but I will keep you in mind for the future.
      March 8, 2020 11:58 AM MDT

"I am a Catholic. Pence says he is a Catholic as well, but it would embarrass me to be included in a sentence that states that we are both Catholic."

Those are your words, so you contradicted and apparently embarrassed yourself all by yourself and in your own words. You didn't need my help.

I have generally moved on from responding to you and your posts, but I had too much fun with this one to pass it up. Sorry, I guess.
      March 8, 2020 12:26 PM MDT

Nice try, Stu---but no one can embarrass me without my permission---and you don't qualify to be given that permission.

But in deference to your wasted effort, I have moved you up one notch on my waiting list.

But you have apparently moved down rather than moved on--- This post was edited by tom jackson at March 8, 2020 1:14 PM MDT
      March 8, 2020 12:44 PM MDT

If you say so - whatever works for you.
      March 8, 2020 2:10 PM MDT

Oh, it works for lots of us.
      March 8, 2020 3:20 PM MDT

• Obama has never been VP.  Yeah, I can see it coming. 
      March 6, 2020 4:08 PM MST

I heard somewhere Michelle Obama was a consideration. I seriously doubt that will happen. 
      March 6, 2020 4:14 PM MST

• I don't believe he would take back seat to a white man.
      March 6, 2020 4:18 PM MST

Racism? C’mon, you’re better than that. Obama is no racist. 

It’s moot anyway, according to the 12th Amendment, “...no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of the President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United States”.
    Barack Obama cannot run again. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 8, 2020 12:11 PM MDT
      March 6, 2020 4:45 PM MST

I don't think Obama would do that even if he could.  
      March 6, 2020 8:49 PM MST

Do you ever feel at least a little bit guilty when you provide a dispositive statement that prevents people from continuing to formulate opinions?
      March 8, 2020 12:16 PM MDT

I think that’s on them. I’m just here to “express myself”, and maybe impart some semblance of wisdom (such as it is) along the way. :)
      March 8, 2020 1:28 PM MDT

Such side effects can be useful.
      March 8, 2020 3:22 PM MDT

I don't think he would go backwards from President to second place - never mind race.
      March 6, 2020 8:49 PM MST