Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » Has the shopping improved in your area or are you still finding empty shelves?

Has the shopping improved in your area or are you still finding empty shelves?

Posted - March 17, 2020

Responses

Many empty shelves. Little bread and canned veggies. No TP, tissues or napkins. No bottled water. Plenty of beer, smokes and liquor, though.
      March 18, 2020 7:11 AM MDT

Just started to decline in the last few days here. Almost no frozen veges or fruit,  most canned stuff gone, no hamburger at all but lots roasts, steaks and poultry. Lotsa TP available -must be hard to unload the stuff around here for some reason. 
      March 18, 2020 8:56 AM MDT

I was in a small supermarket yesterday.  The paper towels/TP/cleaning products aisles were pretty empty.  Food shelves were sparse - especially canned goods.  Bread delivery was probably not yet made.  There was bread, but not the name brands.  Condiment, coffee, tea were stocked.  Meat counter was ok, but not overloaded.
      March 18, 2020 11:30 AM MDT

Way worse, I went shopping last Saturday and not a problem. Since then the border has shut down and Ontario has declared a state of emergency, so everyone is losing their minds lol. There’s a suspected case with one of my coworkers now so we were all sent home today to self quarantine until at least Monday when he gets his test results, then if positive have to wait out the two weeks, I think. It was just a panic and everyone told leave now, self quarantine and will be contact with further instructions. I guess I should have been a hoarder cos I can’t leave my house now -_-  
      March 18, 2020 7:16 PM MDT

I'm not looking at shelves.  I shopped last Tuesday and that will do me for quite a while.
      March 18, 2020 9:22 PM MDT

Let me see, shortages are very evident however both the State and the retailers are strictly enforcing limits to stop hoarders etc.  They actually are invoking old laws on the books designed to limit Black Marketeers,

Spar Adequate stocking
    Merkur - Adequate stocking
    Billa - Adequate stocking
    Lidel - Pleas
    Aldi - seriously

Now borders are closed except for necessary traffic. Truckers etc are considered necessary This post was edited by Archerchef at March 19, 2020 2:28 PM MDT
      March 19, 2020 12:43 PM MDT