Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Should China, given it was there that this new virus outbreak originated from ,do you think that they should in someways help compensate~~~

Should China, given it was there that this new virus outbreak originated from ,do you think that they should in someways help compensate~~~

~~~ poorer nations that can ill afford to bare the costs of riding out their people that have been effected by it all....
Maybe the World Health Association could be used to distribute funds to all those desperatly in need of any help ...
Poorer nations always seem to bare the blunt of all Mis'givings 

Posted - March 18, 2020

Responses

• The way Trump was talking earlier today leads me to believe he is going to make China pay for everything CV19 related that pops up.....

March 18, 2020 1:54 PM MDT

If Chaina was a minnow...I'm sure some bigwig country would try to make them pay....
      March 18, 2020 2:05 PM MDT

• We're pretty much all paying a price in one fashion or another. 
      March 18, 2020 2:08 PM MDT

That's for sure....what do you do though when someone disturbs the Hornents nest...
      March 18, 2020 2:16 PM MDT

China may be huge..but it need to keep manafacturing products for the world or there whole country would colaspe over night........
      March 18, 2020 2:08 PM MDT

China didn’t cause the disease, they didn’t insidiously force it onto an ill-prepared world, nor allow the spread by any discernible negligence. 

Consider a worse parallel:
    Should the developed nations of the world whose carbon output is most responsible for the changing climate, be liable for the misfortunes of poorer nations being baked by drought or swamped by rising seas? 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 18, 2020 8:41 PM MDT
      March 18, 2020 3:49 PM MDT

• Tattaglia was a pimp, he could have never outfought Santino.
      March 18, 2020 4:20 PM MDT

On that, we agree. Sonny had big balls, and the other families feared him. That’s why he was killed. 
      March 18, 2020 5:28 PM MDT

Yes they should...it's not nice or ever right to s*** on your poorer neighbours 
      March 18, 2020 7:24 PM MDT

Right. 

But the golden rule still holds: He who has the gold makes the rules.
    The rich will always find ways to sh** on the poor, and then shift blame for the smell. 

March 18, 2020 9:00 PM MDT

Um, actually there was a form of negligence.
    China initially accused the doctor, who sounded the alert, of being a national traitor.
    This is on par with shooting the messenger
    or the kind of denial one sees in The Empiror's New Clothes.
    It is negligence to deny evidence.

The doctor died of the disease one week later.
    By then the virus had already spread to thousands in Hubei.

This post was edited by inky at March 18, 2020 8:50 PM MDT
      March 18, 2020 8:47 PM MDT

I won’t judge the nation of China (or any other) by its political apparatchiks. The people of China weren’t negligent, elitist factions of their ruling party were.
    (But they couldn’t have stopped the pandemic, regardless) 

Living in the US, I could make the same analogy here. 

March 18, 2020 9:12 PM MDT

Agreed.
    I should have been more precise - not "China" but the Chinese govt.
    Oddly, I thought about the distinction at the time of writing - and, regrettably, decided to use the word China to stand for its government.
    I'll avoid that error in future.
      March 18, 2020 9:17 PM MDT

I think that would be opening Pandora's Box.

What if we asked Nigeria to pay the medical costs for every case of Ebola?

What happens if the country says no? Does the rest of the world go to war to enforce it?

Once we start such a precedent and apply the same rules to all, 
    we could end up with tragically unintended results.

What if we asked the world's worst emitters of Greenhouse Gases to pay for the mop up around the world?

I think it's easier to deal with as it is; each country takes responsibility for what happens within its own borders.
    And each bears the at-home consequences of those decisions.

This post was edited by inky at March 18, 2020 8:40 PM MDT
      March 18, 2020 8:36 PM MDT

You don't want to give WHO access to money...it is the second most corrupt organization in the world, behind the UN.  
      March 18, 2020 9:18 PM MDT