Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Happy U.K. Mother's Day. Gonna give your mom the best gift there is of staying away?

Happy U.K. Mother's Day. Gonna give your mom the best gift there is of staying away?

Posted - March 22, 2020

Responses

Yes Rosie I'm staying away - but thanks for the reminder, I will try to Skype my parents later. None of us have used Skype up until now but it's simple to set up.

We were to have had a small family gathering this weekend, with it being my father's and sister-in-laws birthday very close to Mothering Sunday (I still call it that - I'm very traditional that way!) but naturally we called it off.

Happy Mothers' Day to you!
      March 22, 2020 6:17 AM MDT

Condolences m'dear. You're more than welcome Rev. I know you will do what is right and hopefully others will follow through and also do what is right. On a brighter Note Nice Jugs said that Boris Johnson seems to be instituting some things that actually make sense and for the good of the people! That is very good news. Also "Mothering Sunday" is superduper keen. I may just co-opt it on occasion but I shall absolutely give it attribution...specific if ok with you. If you'd rather not I can do it blind..."an Ansermug friend...". Some folks don't want to see their names anywhere unless they are attached to them and I can respect that. Have a good day. Happy Mothering Sunday to you and your family and take care. STAY SAFE Rev! I'd miss not touching base with you from time to time! :)
      March 22, 2020 6:50 AM MDT

Yes, that's fine, you're free to use my name, I'd be honoured . . . I don't use this moniker on any other social media site anyway. 
    I spoke to my parents on the phone today. Most of us are finding food shopping a challenge of course . . . they told me that they'd tried to set up a home delivery account with Morrison's (one of our larger supermarket chains) so they don't have to go into the store, only to find that their earliest available delivery date is now . . . 11th April!!! They said they'll just carry on shopping as normal, but use the new early opening times first thing. Just before we hung up I reminded them to wash food cans in soapy water before putting them away because viruses can live on metal for a day or so.
    'bye for now!
      March 22, 2020 2:53 PM MDT