Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Military » Do you remember being a good little soldier, positioning your little green army action figures and making explosion noises?

Do you remember being a good little soldier, positioning your little green army action figures and making explosion noises?

Only you grew up and it was real, not fun anymore, nor are you invincible, indestructible. 

Posted - March 26, 2020

Responses

I vivdly remember my friends playing with green men and making sounds killing each other.
    I sat high in the tree they played army under.  I watched them thought how weird it was they wanted to kill one another and they were green.
    The sounds they made sounded even more depressing.

After I climbed down, we got on our bikes and rode around our block.

I didn't play army games but thought the idea and sounds weren't nearly as fun as climbing the tree.

March 26, 2020 12:30 PM MDT

• I was always hiking through the woods and exploring instead.  I didn't have friends, and I had no interest in military games.  
      March 26, 2020 1:04 PM MDT

Awesome.  Me either!
    :) :)
    You have friends now.  I would love to got on a hike with you through the woods, or in an open meadow.  Looking up, down, and all around is much more exciting than killing one another. Listening and laughing and is a lot more fun and rewarding, too!
    I say friendship with nature and each other rules over army playing
    :) :)
      March 26, 2020 2:52 PM MDT

I remember doing it as a kid and as an adult. As an adult I used to place little green army men around  my pot plants in the bush to protect them from slugs . But I didn't make explosive sounds because I was in stealth mod  because the police were every were plus they had a helicopter. Cheers!
      March 26, 2020 3:23 PM MDT