Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Have you ever had sausage and beer at a beer garden in Germany?

Have you ever had sausage and beer at a beer garden in Germany?

(I do not drink beer, I do not frequent beer gardens, and I have never been to Germany.)

Posted - April 4, 2020

Responses

Nein...but I had a beer in a regular bar in Bremerhaven.
      April 4, 2020 5:06 PM MDT

I often enjoy ginger ale and Swiss sausages.  My father was in Germany, killing their citizens in WW2.
      April 4, 2020 6:04 PM MDT

Have you ever had sausage and beer at a beer garden in Germany?
    ~
      April 4, 2020 6:12 PM MDT

I've been in great big tents, in Germany, where everyone was drinking beer in big glass mugs.  The servers were women in Bavarian garb and when they collected the mugs from the tables they just filled them back up and gave them to anyone wanting more.  I don't drink beer but my husband had more than his share.  There was a band and dancing.  It was a crazy and fun night that I will not forget.  Was that a beer garden?  This was during the Olympics in Muenchen.  We were just kids, with very little money, far from home having a ball.   
      April 4, 2020 8:09 PM MDT

No.  I would tell you a much more interesting story about the two weeks we spent in Munich during which we walked and rode buses to the Old Town almost every day.  That's where the original beer garden is and we saw it all the time.  But I didn't actually have a beer in THE BEER GARDEN, so I am not going to tell you my interesting story. THOSE ARE THE RULES!  ACHTUNG!! 
      April 5, 2020 9:57 PM MDT

I dislike beer, I loathe sausage, and I have never been to either a beer garden nor Germany. But otherwise, this is a perfect question for me!
      April 5, 2020 10:06 PM MDT

Yes. 
      April 6, 2020 6:04 AM MDT