Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Which will be greater when quarantines end: births or divorces?

Which will be greater when quarantines end: births or divorces?

Posted - April 12, 2020

Responses

I think divorces I have been hearing a lot of stories about couples getting on each other nerves.  Cheers!
      April 12, 2020 1:48 PM MDT

One third divorces, one third births, one third domestic murders. LOL
      April 12, 2020 1:52 PM MDT

Probably the growing of
    Frustration during it all
    causing short tempers, plus
    The loss of $ and maybe jobs,
    well...things fall apart.
         But the atmosphere,
    Air quality etc due to the reduction of cars...Incredible.

April 12, 2020 2:33 PM MDT

I posted a question about a week ago about the probability of a lot of babies being born worldwide in December of 2020 and January of 2021, but now I’m changing my mind. Stay-At-Home orders certainly have millions of couples sequestered in their abodes, and many of them with little better to do than cuddle, canoodle, spoon-and-fork, make bacon, etc.  At the same time, however, social distancing is a parallel reality inside a lot of those homes, so there probably a lot of, “Not tonight, Dear, I have a 6-foot restraining order against you.” That said, maybe less hank-panky is going on than I originally thought. The birth rate post COVID might level off at just about the normal for it’s time period, based on more people being at home together but fewer of them bumping and grinding. 
      That’s probably where some of the divorces will come from too. 

~
      April 12, 2020 3:25 PM MDT

I’m thinking the general mood is not very conducive to romance. Fear and real uncertainty about the future can disincline people to feel like procreating. It isn’t like we are all battened down for a snowstorm. What will the world be like in 9 months? 

Honestly, if things continue going south, say, through the fall, it wouldn’t be too a great surprise to me that depression and anxiety result in unusual numbers of people found dead of murders and suicides in their homes. A mental health pandemic, PTSD. The virus itself may be only the opening salvo of other insidious challenges. I hope I’m wrong. 

April 12, 2020 5:39 PM MDT

If it had only been for 7-10 days, maybe separations.  But I think couples have had time to get used to both being at home and perhaps come to a place in the relationship that would never have occurred without this extended be-together-all-the-time opportunity.  I've heard quite a few Dads say they've had a ball with their kids.  A week vacation is not the same thing.  It takes days to start chilling and then it's over.  A college football coach friend said he's never spent this kind of time with his family and will now really miss his kids when he is so busy during the season and recruiting.  He knows he has missed some of the really good stuff.
      April 13, 2020 12:08 AM MDT