Active Now

Spunky
CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Lester Holt biased? What question did he ask Hillary that was challenging?

Lester Holt biased? What question did he ask Hillary that was challenging?

He asked Trump about Iraq war position, birther, tax returns, etc.
But did NOT ask Clinton about emails, Benghazi, Clinton Foundation etc. 

Why not at least pretend to be a balanced journalists.

Posted - September 28, 2016

Responses

maybe a little bias?
      September 28, 2016 4:57 PM MDT

Just a little...lol
      September 28, 2016 5:04 PM MDT

What SPECIFC questions should Holt have asked HRC about the topics you mentioned?

Before you answer, I strongly recommend you watch this John Oliver video on the subject:

This post was edited by OldSchoolTheSKOSlives at September 28, 2016 6:24 PM MDT
      September 28, 2016 5:10 PM MDT

How about why did you think it was acceptable to have your own personal server for government emails? Why do you believe you can delete those emails? 
    Why did you flip flop on both NAFTA and TPT?
    About pay to play. 
    Just to name a few.

What challenging question (s) did Holt ask Clinton?
      September 28, 2016 5:28 PM MDT

@m2c -- I didn't watch the debate, and I don't really care.

If you'd watched the John Oliver video, you would see my general attitude about Clinton's scandals. The e-mail "scandal" is right up there with BENGAHZI! (tm) as "scandals" go.

I do think questions about the trade agreements would have been nice, but hardly earth-shaking.

"Pay to play" is, as Oliver discusses, more Right Wing Talking Point than anything for which there is actual evidence.

If nothing else, watch about the last 2 minutes of Oliver's video. Yes, HRC is a deeply flawed candidate and I understand
    people's reluctance to endorse her. But we are being asked to compare her to Trump which is about like comparing
    hemmroids to prostate cancer. Yes, they're both annoying pains in the backside, but one is merely a pain while the other
    in genuinely deadly.

September 28, 2016 6:22 PM MDT

That you dismiss her scandals does not mean everyone else does. 
      September 28, 2016 7:18 PM MDT

Hillary was challenged to come up with original thought instead of the robot script she was reciting.
    When asked about stealing the nomination from bernie she replied with some garbage she memorized about ISIS.
    After Trump brought up her superpredator remark she commented about the minimum sentences and laws that put black people in jail and those were the laws she campaigned for with bill and when she said the superpredator thing.
    After Trump brought up deleted emails she commented about how not showing things means hiding things and made his point for him.
    Trump said that she was responsible for starting the birther thing and she didn't disagree but went on to say how bad and racist the birther thing is.
    She mentioned his name calling of rosie odonnel as him insulting women even though the gennifer flowers issue had reminded everyone of her own name calling of woman who her husband slept with.

It felt to me that through it she had a few lines of dialogue programmed into her complete with fake smile and she used those lines whenever they almost fit but used them exactly as programmed even if it was awkward.

I have read theories of why trump failed to challenge her on any of her glaring mistakes but I have not come to my own conclusion.
      September 28, 2016 6:13 PM MDT

I also wondered why he didn't hit her harder on that stuff. My husband believes he was holding back for the next debates. This one was only about showing his temperament.
      September 28, 2016 6:28 PM MDT

The man who does the dilbert comic is also heavily into persuasion and hypnotism and he explains some of the unusual things the candidates do and in this case he said trump lost the debate to win the election because before the debate people saw him as scary and now they do not. I do not know if I believe that but it seemed too obvious to me that he was letting hillary get free pass on everything. I am no debater and I would have done better because the attacks were so obvious.
      September 28, 2016 8:43 PM MDT

Makes sense. I get the next debate will show us for sure. 
      September 29, 2016 4:47 AM MDT

I think the whole 'debate' was a fiasco with Holt getting drowned out and downshouted.  I wanted to see a debate....not this unrestrained display of bombast and word salad.
      September 28, 2016 6:33 PM MDT

I believe the next will be better.
      September 29, 2016 4:48 AM MDT

You know, I honestly don't think it's going to matter.  I don't know anyone who is indecisive....do you?
      September 29, 2016 5:35 PM MDT

He could have asked her about Benghazi, her private email server regarding her recklessness, the Clinton foundation and pay to play, Libya, Syria, Egypt and the whole Arab Spring disaster, the Russian reset button and the uranium she signed off on right after her foundation got a huge check. How about the money her foundation takes from various tyrannies in the middle east who are anti-gay, anti-women and anti-freedom. Holt could have asked her about what she meant when she said she was going to close down coal mines. Maybe about shutting down conservative talk radio shows and the fairness doctrine. Maybe talk about the near 150 million her and Bill received from speeches, was that before or after she said they were "dead broke?" Maybe talk about her vote on the Iraq war? Maybe tell her to list her accomplishments as a senator and secretary of state. Maybe talk about the recent terror attacks in three different places on American soil the previous week? Maybe about how her and Obama owning the doubling of the national debt? Maybe her position on illegal immigration, the second amendment and supreme court justices? The value of the dollar? Her flip flop on TPP? Obamacare? The Iran nuclear "deal?" How bout her recent health and her collapse on the streets of nyc on 9-11? 

Alotta these questions could have been asked of Trump too. But the Liberal hack Holt, did what Clinton wanted him to do. He asked important questions regarding the Obama birther issue and Trump's tax returns. What a joke....
      September 29, 2016 7:20 PM MDT

• He didn't ask Clinton hardly any questions at all. I do not believe Lester will focus on Hillary as the media is in her favor it will continue to be so but we'll see.. I could be wrong but I don't suspect I am. I did notice Hillary was REALLY watching herself. She had paused during several times as if she didn't know what to say... (as if she had something memorized and had almost forgotten it) and Lester didn't press her on it at all. Lester was way soft on Hillary. I don't think this was by accident. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 30, 2016 6:01 PM MDT
      September 30, 2016 5:13 PM MDT

Definitely soft on Clinton. I think next debate will be more interesting. I think Trump will hit her more. I think he held back to show he could.
      September 30, 2016 6:03 PM MDT