Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever shown a subtle interest in someone...?

Have you ever shown a subtle interest in someone...?

That had complimented you, waved, chatted with you, etc, and you returned a kindness/affinity for them with a nice gesture, to find out, they are married? :/

Posted - June 30, 2016

Responses

Well... there was this girl.  She kept showing up unexpectedly on purpose.  I asked her out but she said no, she already had a boyfriend.  Too late, I'd already fallen for her and the trouble was I already had someone else too.  I moved to another town 150 miles away.  There she was!  Now I had to tell her that I was engaged.  What a mess.  This went on for nearly two years.  I finally married the girl I had in the first place.  We've been married 41 years now.

June 30, 2016 8:07 PM MDT

I think we've all been there.

June 30, 2016 8:43 PM MDT

No, I don't do subtle....;-D....

June 30, 2016 8:50 PM MDT

That is not my 'thing'. "Hey honey, you look very beddable, lets go to bed."

June 30, 2016 9:25 PM MDT

Yes too many haha
      June 30, 2016 9:31 PM MDT

She was in the same town that you moved to as well??? Wow. I'm sorry it didn't work out between you.. I am glad you have loved and been with your wife .... such a nice story.. the guy I began to like had shown me lots of kindness, concern etc... and it was just a bummer to realize after he was married:/ I said to someone here, I almost with he had not shown me that kindness b/c it's fine for him, to show affection or borderline flirtation but not for me ... and he became "kind of" wary when I did for a moment.. :/ Then he was fine and chatted, but overall I cannot really have the same feeling I did before, now knowing he has a ring.. oh well.. life does go on.. ty so much Call

July 1, 2016 4:11 PM MDT