Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Where is my Friends List on Answermug? I can't find it.
Bez

Where is my Friends List on Answermug? I can't find it.

It's bad enough having to go through the rigmarole of having to re-add them all, without not being able to see the page. How am I supposed to see who has added me back?

Posted - September 29, 2016

Responses

From what the site's owner has said, they might not have been able to repair all the damage done to it yet.
    Anyway Andy, you sent me a Friend request - yes of course, but when I pressed the accept button AM gave me a terse "Invalid Data" message.
    I think we're going to have be patient and give AM's managers and developers time to put everything right.
    Cheers,
    Durdle

September 29, 2016 10:57 AM MDT

I sent friends requests by looking through the list of "Muggers" and requesting back the ones I remember having as friends previously, although a few of them sent me requests which I accepted.

TBH I am very disappointed with this site's new layout and I don't think I'll be here much longer. It is not an improvement over the way it was before.
      September 29, 2016 12:12 PM MDT

• It's pretty easy...you get to it from your profile page.  
    Click the +MORE button next to "Activity", then the
    FRIENDS  button

September 29, 2016 11:15 AM MDT

That part works for me, but I am not seeing my friends avatars displayed to the left of my activity like I see on other profiles.  Is this normal for now?  Thanks!
      September 29, 2016 12:07 PM MDT

I would say it's anything but normal and if this is the shape of things to come, I doubt if I will still be on this site by the end of the year. I don't like this new layout, it was much better the way it was before.
      September 29, 2016 12:15 PM MDT

• I agree,  Andy.  It doesn't have the same comfy feel as the original site. It's more complicated to navigate and it feels too clinical.  Maybe once everything is fixed it will be better,  but the warmth and charm of the Mug is gone. 
      October 3, 2016 11:01 AM MDT

The friends avatars you see on other people's profiles are mutual friends the two of you share.
      September 29, 2016 1:39 PM MDT

Thank-you Boz.  So I assume that it's normal to not see a bunch of avatars on my own profile, off to the left?
      September 29, 2016 1:42 PM MDT

I honestly cannot recall if they were there during testing or not.  Some things that were up while we were testing are currently missing, but will be back up when they complete the work they are doing now.  Give them time to finish what they are doing and then ask about it.  
      September 29, 2016 2:03 PM MDT

Thank-you Boz.  You all are doing a fabulous job keeping up with us and these silly little things.  
      September 29, 2016 2:57 PM MDT

It may say "Friends (23)" there, but we can't click on it. It's not a link to take us to our Friends page. That's what I really meant.
      September 29, 2016 12:14 PM MDT

Yes, this is what I am experiencing too.  
    I can only access my "Friends" by clicking the "More" button on my profile page.
      September 29, 2016 12:16 PM MDT

Someone else has just messaged me to do that, PeaPod. I might have eventually discovered it for myself, but it would probably have taken me another couple of weeks at least. Lol:)
      September 29, 2016 1:46 PM MDT

Hahaha.  Know the feeling well Andy.  
    Tony Babel error cat sleep keyboard
      September 29, 2016 2:54 PM MDT

• Didn't you see the Post I made on this thread? That's exactly what I said...
      September 29, 2016 3:15 PM MDT

• That's how you acces your friends list, PeaPod...By pressing the +More button and selecting Friends
      September 29, 2016 3:13 PM MDT

I don't know, Andy, but I accepted your request today.
      September 30, 2016 6:24 AM MDT

Followed Goatjumper's instructions successfully, but yes, the change has deleted our Friends lists! I think AM warned us this could happen.
      September 30, 2016 7:01 AM MDT

For those trying to re-establish their Friends lists, it would help if we can have the index choices back: Most Recent and Alphabetical. (Was there another?)
      September 30, 2016 7:11 AM MDT

Use the search bar at the top of the page. That should help. 

We did ask people to make the lists before we moved because I knew the lists would not transfer. If you didn't make a list, you can still see it on answergang.ning.com for a few more days. 
      October 3, 2016 2:51 PM MDT

its that thing you click on next to the mailbox at the top of the page
      October 2, 2016 7:55 PM MDT

I'm still trying to figure out that insane chat feature.
      October 2, 2016 7:57 PM MDT

You used to be able to go to the discussion from the notification of a reply on your ordinary e-mail account. That link's disappeared now!
      October 3, 2016 9:28 AM MDT

Just followed Goatjumper's instructions again to see if I'd missed something, but no. As Andy says, AM has lost our original Friends lists.

This happened when Incompetent Inc took over hosting the site from Ning (Not Interested Now Gone?), and the only ones we see now are those we have managed to re-establish after that change.

AM's owner did warn us this may happen, and advised us to keep a separate list, but the site's designers managed to lose the membership list's alphabetical-order option! The list sprawled over about 120 pages, and you could find an individual rapidly by selecting [Alphabetical], making an intelligent guess on which approximate page-number to select, then homing in from there. Can't do that on a wholly-random list!

Makes note to repair plaster damaged by banging head on wall in frustration...
      October 3, 2016 9:40 AM MDT