Active Now

Slartibartfast
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Where is my Friends List on Answermug? I can't find it.
Bez

Where is my Friends List on Answermug? I can't find it.

It's bad enough having to go through the rigmarole of having to re-add them all, without not being able to see the page. How am I supposed to see who has added me back?

Posted - September 29, 2016

Responses

Oh, I've got it.

Maybe you have none.

joking
      October 3, 2016 10:48 AM MDT

I was beginning to think that, Sharonna! :-)

Actually I had about 15 and have managed to re-establish links with 3, but the loss of the alphabetical option on the membership list makes finding individuals very difficult. I had taken AM's advice and written the list.

It's not as easy to respond to e-mail notifications as it had been, either.
      October 3, 2016 2:44 PM MDT

It gets worse. AnswwerMug is dying on its feet. Ning and its replacement host-owner have contrived between them to do a hell of a lot of damage - deleting galleries, Friends lists and all manner of links; but I am losing confidence rapidly in AM's own managers' ability to repair it.

Just Asking (the site's proprietot) has sent me an e-mail confirming what he'd warned - that transferring ownership would delete the Friends lists - but I cannot see that reply on here because the supposed link in the e-mail does NOT work.

It says:

"Click here to reply /profile/145. "

In order to read this thread I have had to go to my profile then "More" to find the thread list; only to find the cited reply is not here. So where is it?

The "Click here..."  instruction is NOT a working link. as it would have been in the original response notifications. Where the Hell is "reply / profile / 145"  anyway? On whose profile? Mine or Just Asking's? We are not told.

If it's on JA's profile I've no hope because he and his "developers" have rendered it impossible to find an individual on the member list without trawling through something like 120 pages, one after the other.

I don't know what they are doing to Answermug and Just Asking did warn us Ning's sale of the host site to another bunch of inept shysters would cause a lot of damage. I do know they come a close second to Microsoft in turning what they had created as a reasonably efficient, straightforward application into a mess with good features removed and ease of use drastically reduced. 

I know of one user who has told me he will give AM another week to sort this mess out, and if they don't he will leave AnswerMug. I think he's already found a competitor site.  It's worse for him because he'd created a large gallery, and that's now lost. I do not blame him.
    X
      October 4, 2016 2:50 AM MDT