Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Am I the only one having trouble getting a connection?

Am I the only one having trouble getting a connection?

I have to use TOR browser to get through to answermug. A regular connection only goes to answergang.ning.com. Something about going through Brussels and New York instead of random routing.

Posted - September 29, 2016

Responses

answergang.ning is the site they were using to back up or mirror the AM database during the transition. If you went there while they were switching over, you'll have to remove that site from your history/cookies. This post was edited by Transquesta at September 29, 2016 3:23 PM MDT
      September 29, 2016 2:12 PM MDT

Well, that didn't work.
      September 29, 2016 2:17 PM MDT

• What browser?
      September 29, 2016 2:19 PM MDT

Firefox, the only browser I ever use.
      September 29, 2016 2:26 PM MDT

• The other geeks will have to chime in, but you could turn off browser caching. Not sure what the default directory is but you could clear it manually. The command in Firefox is about:config.
      September 29, 2016 2:42 PM MDT

Check it with another browser?
      September 29, 2016 2:21 PM MDT

Clear your browser.  Also, sometimes the DNS records aren't fully updated.  Depending on where TOR routes you and the DNS servers in that loop, it can take a while.  Are you also using a proxy server?
      September 29, 2016 2:32 PM MDT

I have not had the problems of getting on or anything else,  but my friend is having a horrible time trying to get logged on to here.
      September 29, 2016 2:13 PM MDT

I believe it is a temporary issue that will be resolved soon.
      September 29, 2016 2:23 PM MDT

I put a note up on the homepage there. Either your computer or your browser is remembering it and you need to make it forget it. Instructions for both processes are here:

If you have trouble getting your browser to accept that this isn't answerMug, try doing a "hard refresh" (control or shift and refresh together) and then try to access answerMug.com. If you have any kind of tech skills, you can also clear your cache. (Browser's memory of sites.) Instructions for virtually every browser can be found here: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

Or, clear the DNS cache on your PC. Instructions are here: http://windowsitpro.com/networking/how-can-i-view-and-clear-my-dns-cache-content

September 29, 2016 3:07 PM MDT

Such an adventure. It turns out that the computer was still set to use the cache for a DNS server that I installed several years ago. It never worked right so I uninstalled it. This never caused any problem until now. That makes no sense to me, but you know the rule: "To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer."
      October 1, 2016 3:25 PM MDT

October 1, 2016 5:31 PM MDT

im not having problems with it
      October 2, 2016 7:42 PM MDT