Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » KUDOS to Canada's TRUDEAU! He just banned 1500 types of assault weapons! Did you know there were that many?

KUDOS to Canada's TRUDEAU! He just banned 1500 types of assault weapons! Did you know there were that many?

I guess in Canada the prime minister rules and is the boss. In the states it's still the NRA whose job is to sell lotsa guns, assault type especially.

Lucky Canadians. Having a leader with intelligence common sense and the will to follow through and do the right thing. Imagine that in America? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! :(

Posted - May 2, 2020

Responses

I see this sort of question on a daily basis. What I want to know is why do liberals hate the Constitution? And they do hate the United States Constitution. If they loved it, liberals wouldn’t spend so much time trying to subvert it. This is either through the courts by having liberal activist judges and Justices legislating unconstitutionally or via unelected bureaucrats making “rules” they have no business making. 

It also occurs when Congress or state legislatures write laws that turn the Constitution, and our rights, on its ear. Elections have consequences. We have a group of people in the federal government, that is every single Democrat and a few squishy Republicans, ready, willing, and able to violate the U.S. Constitution, the law, and steal our rights. Get them out of their office and keep them out. President Trump is intelligent and has common-sense because he upholds our Second Amendment right.
      May 2, 2020 6:27 AM MDT

I heard that report on our News, too, and wondered about the number - but what is the Canadian Government's definition of "assault weapon"? Any weapon designed for at least potentially injuring or killing a person is an "assault" weapon, so does their new law cover all types whether firearms or others (knives, swords, for example)?

If we take the narrow perception derived from the military term "assault rifle" I can't imagine that there are 1500 types even by individual make and  model, but I don't understand why anyone would want a battlefield gun at home anyway. Except perhaps because they are afraid the bloke down the road has one as well... 

New Zealand followed a similar line after the mosque shootings in 2018 (I think the year's right).

May 3, 2020 3:17 PM MDT

The fact that he had the courage and intelligence to ban anything is enough for me. The number of assault weapons is irrelevant to me. Banning 1 or 10 or 15 or 150 or 150,000 matters not. It is the active action in banning a weapon made to kill living things that matters to me. Thank you for your reply Durdle. Imagine Pumpkina** doing that? Right. I expect you are rolling on the floor with hilarity at that mental picture. Pumpkina** is too cowardly and wimpy and frightened to take on the NRA.:) This post was edited by RosieG at May 3, 2020 4:34 PM MDT
      May 3, 2020 4:12 PM MDT