Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Did you see that it looks like Answerbag will be resurrected?

Did you see that it looks like Answerbag will be resurrected?

If you search for AB, this message comes up http://www.answerbag.com
T
hey are promising that it will return on October 20th.

Posted - September 29, 2016

Responses

Yeah,
    heard about that
    definitely will check it out
    was there for a long time.
    BUT....I don't think they can beat this site.
      September 29, 2016 4:07 PM MDT

• I am so looking forward to it.  It was bought by an ex member who was one of the better ones.  I think they will do great.  I've already submitted my email to get notifications as the launch date gets closer. 
      September 29, 2016 4:19 PM MDT

me as well
    just to see how it compares
    i guess haha
      September 29, 2016 4:24 PM MDT

It's a site name and it was bought for an awful lot of money by a new management.
      September 30, 2016 3:51 AM MDT

• It was bought by a former member who left a long time ago when the format changed. A lot of us are really looking forward to the re-opening. It's more than just a name, for many of us, it was our first home. :) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 30, 2016 1:47 PM MDT
      September 30, 2016 4:05 AM MDT

I'm aware Karen, but I'm comparing it to EP. SW is a copy cat of EP and a lot went there, but it can NEVER be the same again. It will be a new beginning, for good or worse. I try looking forward in my life, and try not to stick in the mud of the past. Memories are sometimes best left for what they are, memories. All that said, only time can show how a relaunch will go. 
      September 30, 2016 4:10 AM MDT

• None of us want it to be the same, we weren't pleased with it at the end. We know it will be different, we are just looking forward to seeing old friends and to see how this former member runs the place. Change is not always for the best, I think we all know that. There are a lot of former AB members who aren't here for various reasons, they will be on the new site. We are mostly looking forward to a "family reunion".  We have a group on Facebook, and when the word got out, some who never went back after 'the big change' said they will check out the new place. 

September 30, 2016 4:18 AM MDT

We, most of the EPeeps thought we should have that at RelateToThat. Turned out in another way. I wish all the best for you and your ABaggers but nostalgic moments are at times disturbed by reality. Like said, time will show.
      September 30, 2016 4:24 AM MDT

• That is true and if it doesn't turn out well, I have other sites to go to. :)
      September 30, 2016 4:35 AM MDT

Yes, we all have our alternatives and preferences to go one place or another, or to combine them. :-)
      September 30, 2016 4:40 AM MDT

HI Sapphic HI Karen

I want to go there and find a few lost people if I can.  I want to find Veena and God Knows what happened to WABOO.  He just flew the coop.   I don't think we will ever resurrect Marky Mark, but stranger things have happened.

It would be great to find Fille and a few of the greats.   But there is nothing wrong with having 2 sites to use.  I would not consider abandoning this one.  
      October 2, 2016 7:40 PM MDT

There's absolutely nothing wrong with either site, or having several site. It will be each to their own. My experience though to find what once was will be a disappointment. I hope for you that you can reconnect with people who means something to you. :-)
      October 3, 2016 12:09 AM MDT

• NONE of us AB'ers want it back like it was. I've already said that. We do not expect a carbon copy of the old site, we do not want it to be the same.  we just want to see some of our old friends who will quite certainly join. A lot quit for good when the format changed in 2009 and never came back, total format changes are never really a brilliant idea. we have a group on FB and someone announced it there. Members who haven't been there since 2009 said they will check it out as long as it has new owners. AB'er who didn't like the Mug will more than likely join as well. So, it's not the site so much as it it old friends. If it sucks, then so be it, we gave it a shot.  
      October 9, 2016 5:31 PM MDT

All my best.
      October 9, 2016 10:42 PM MDT

EP? European Parliament?
      September 30, 2016 1:49 PM MDT

Haha. Could have been, but nah... It will be Experience Project. :-)
      September 30, 2016 2:00 PM MDT

Do you know who bought it?
      September 30, 2016 1:47 PM MDT

No. But it seems as Karen will know who they are.
      September 30, 2016 1:59 PM MDT

• It was a member maned Firebrand, I think. They left years ago when the format changed. 
      October 9, 2016 5:22 PM MDT

Yes, I have heard about that. I don't know who the new owners are, but I hope they make a better job of running it than that clueless lot who ran it before.
      September 30, 2016 6:22 AM MDT

yes, i saw that
      October 2, 2016 7:35 PM MDT
  • AG

This news is really exciting! Didn't know about that until now.
      October 9, 2016 5:20 PM MDT