Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is your home a prison lately and you're going stir-crazy or is it your safe haven/sanctuary?

Is your home a prison lately and you're going stir-crazy or is it your safe haven/sanctuary?

Posted - May 3, 2020

Responses

I certainly don't regard my home as a prison. We are under a national lock-down but I am not in quarantine, and go for a walk and local shopping on most days. I've also a small garden to potter in or just be lazy in, and a shed I use as a little workshop; and  can find plenty to keep me occupied.

Being retired helps in some ways because the lock-down has not affected my day-to-day home life very much.

I am luckier than all those many cooped up with families in urban flats, so yes I count my blessings; but for me the problem is not of being stuck at home but the curtailed hobbies and social life. At least I am saving money I'll need when eventually I will be able to have some repairs to the house carried out, that are tasks for the professionals.
      May 3, 2020 3:04 PM MDT

We are retired and I have always been a hombody. Except for being masked and gloved and social distancing my life hasn't change. Gone are normal routine medical checkups. To be resume again one day maybe. I think the inability to gear down slow down cruise is shocking. Too hyper too antsy to use to doing what you want when you how you want. POOR BABIES. Still in short pants. Big boys pants are still unword. Same for the gals who kfetch and bit** and whinya**. It's what they do. Not my cuppa tea. I'm very good at accepting the necessary and adjusting concomitantly without feeling deprived angry upset or ticked off. Thank you for you reply! :)
      May 3, 2020 4:17 PM MDT