Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » Are you on a special diet right now? If so, why? How long to do you expect it to last?

Are you on a special diet right now? If so, why? How long to do you expect it to last?

Posted - June 30, 2016

Responses

• "No" ... I'm just supposed to be.

June 30, 2016 7:54 PM MDT

Do I remember correctly you're supposed to cut down your cat intake?....;-D...

June 30, 2016 8:01 PM MDT

• You've been talking to that do-gooder from the Sierra Club ... haven't you!?!

June 30, 2016 8:30 PM MDT

No, the only time the Sierra Club contacts me is to ask for money...;-D...

June 30, 2016 8:40 PM MDT

No. My next big personal battle will be arranging my schedule so I can get the right amount of sleep. Diets never stick, though. You have to change your lifestyle. That's tough to do.

June 30, 2016 8:40 PM MDT

I think diets CAN stick, but it sometimes takes some practice and maybe a little assistance from circumstances. Due to some medical issues I've endured recently, my appetite has declined significantly, and I've lost some of my junk food cravings. We'll see what my extra-special diet for the next week (in prep for a lower GI examination) will do to me.

June 30, 2016 8:45 PM MDT

Yeah sort of
    Just vegetables and fruits
      June 30, 2016 9:39 PM MDT

Any particular reason for the very limited selection?

June 30, 2016 9:42 PM MDT

• Nope. I could probably stand to eat a little healthier. Not for weight reasons, but for general health. I have been trying to eat less red meat lately though. 

June 30, 2016 9:46 PM MDT

The typical American diet could do with a red meat reduction. I've been trying to eat more fish and chicken myself (instead of hot dogs).

June 30, 2016 9:56 PM MDT

Mostly tequila.

June 30, 2016 10:07 PM MDT

Well, I hope you have good caregivers when the Korsakoff's Syndrome kicks in...;-D...

June 30, 2016 10:10 PM MDT

Oh I am without in special reason. How long do I expect it to last....Is 24 hours an acceptable answer?

July 1, 2016 4:27 PM MDT

Oh man.  Here we go again.  I just got on here after looking up Nutrisystem.   I was going to order it because they just deliver it to your house and it is cheap.   I figured it would save me time and less money than groceries.

Then, I came on here while I am deciding if I want to do this diet,  and here you are with this question.  What are the odds.

Sharonna ODD ball

To specifically address what you asked, (the awe is fading now, I can think again) I am on an eternal maintenance program that I adjust accordingly.   So, if I feel like pigging out, I make sure I can stop and eat a nice non-fattening regimen the next day.

I try not to keep bad things in the house like COLA or cheesecake, or things I cannot stop without eating the whole thing.  Like candy.  Maybe I'll go shopping and order Nutrisystem tomorrow.

I looks like a good plan and Marie Osmond looks like a Goddess.  (I think that is the millionaire's nutribotox and facelift though)

July 1, 2016 4:30 PM MDT

All answers are acceptable. I throw questions out to the Universe and hope for the best.

I hope your diet works as you expect it to.

July 1, 2016 4:32 PM MDT

I am surprised that Nutrisystem can be described as "cheap." Maybe I've been misinformed about how much it costs.

I'm going on a mostly-liquid diet soon (and an all-liquid diet for one day) in preparation for the doctors looking at my lower GI tract, hence the motivation for my question.

July 1, 2016 4:34 PM MDT

Wow.   Well, the good news is that you will have discomfort at first (the first day is usually really tough to go on some fasting type regimen) but then you will quickly get used to it.  The hunger fades.  That will probably lose you about 10 pounds before the ordeal is over.   Keeping it off is the sucky part.

As far as Nutrisystem is concerned?  It costs about half of what Jenny Crag's stuff costs.  But I don't know what the food is like.  I don't want to eat that junk for a month if I don't like what it tastes like.  Jenny Craig had good food. 

It's about 325 for a month.  That is not bad at all and much less than what I probably spend on groceries for a month.  Oh well, I probably won't bother.   I'm pretty okay weight-wise right now.   ((Its too hot to eat much here)  

July 1, 2016 4:42 PM MDT

i might have thyroid issues that wont show on bloodwork so ive been taking kelp and its helping me lose weight

July 1, 2016 9:40 PM MDT

Good luck with that. I've had hypothyroidism in the past (and my latest bloodwork suggests I might be borderline again), and I know that can seriously drain your energy. I'm glad the kelp is helping you.

July 1, 2016 9:47 PM MDT

Yes. No sugar (diabetes) and am also quitting meat and becoming more vegetarian and tuna eater.

So far the no-sugar diet has lasted 3 years. Looks like I will do it!

July 6, 2016 3:09 PM MDT

@JD -- Congratulations on sticking to it. I hope your newer modifications go as smoothly.

July 6, 2016 4:55 PM MDT

• I'm on a seafood diet.

If I see food, I'll only eat it if it's seafood. 

July 6, 2016 4:57 PM MDT

I'm more familar with the seefood diet: If you see food, you eat it (very popular with beagles)...;-D...

July 6, 2016 4:59 PM MDT

OLD,  Kelp DOES help. It is loaded with iodine.  It is a wonder food. 

July 6, 2016 5:03 PM MDT