Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Questions » Games » Does anyone know what twidly winks are? How do you capture them? Have I given you them without knowing? I surely hope so!! ;) ;)

Does anyone know what twidly winks are? How do you capture them? Have I given you them without knowing? I surely hope so!! ;) ;)

Posted - May 5, 2020

Responses

It's "tiddly" winks!  It's a game.  You use the big disk to push down on the edge of the small disk and try to get the small disk in the cup.

May 5, 2020 1:00 PM MDT

We used to play it with man-hole covers.
      May 5, 2020 5:42 PM MDT

Well, you were probably bigger and stronger than I was. :)  We used the manhole covers as bases when we played stickball.
      May 5, 2020 10:12 PM MDT

:) :)!!
      May 6, 2020 4:35 PM MDT

I never pictured you as I do now.

Big Winks and Smiles!!
      May 6, 2020 4:11 PM MDT

Merlie, Spunky hit the nail on the head. I couldn’t have posted a better response myself; I would have said the same thing. 

~
      May 5, 2020 10:18 PM MDT

AWESOME!!!
    I didn't think I said it right.  It just felt right under my fingers!
    Thanks Boogie Woogie!
    :) :)
      May 6, 2020 4:12 PM MDT

AWESOME!!!
      I didn't think I said it right.  It just felt right under my fingers!
      Thanks Boogie Woogie!

I'm going to save the underlined part forever and ever. 
    ~
      May 7, 2020 10:48 AM MDT

We (my siblings and I) used to play them when I was a kid, along with Pick-Up Stix and Lincoln Logs and Sorry! and Monopoly and others. 

~
      May 5, 2020 10:20 PM MDT

We played pickup sticks, skully, jacks, slug (a version of handball), hopscotch, Johnny ride the pony and some other games I can no longer recall.  
      May 5, 2020 10:22 PM MDT

In addition to the games I listed above that all of us played, only my sister played jacks and hopscotch, my brothers and I played rough and tumble games. 
    ~
      May 5, 2020 10:26 PM MDT

When I first moved into the neighborhood in which I spent most of my growing up years, there weren't any girls to play with, so I had to play the boys' games.  I played basketball, stickball and handball.  I outgrew all those games as I got older and as an adult, I have absolutely no interest in sports at all.  
      May 6, 2020 6:48 AM MDT

I'm not sure if it was by choice or lack of girl neighbors but I grew up a tomboy.  I played the same games you did with them.
    I also much preferred to ride bikes, climb trees, play with all the dogs in the neighborhood, ride and take care of the horses across the street and wash our neighbors cars.  I jumped in the lake, every spring and summer while others wouldn't even think of it.  The lake was rather shallow and always full of duck poo but it didn't matter to me.  I wanted to swim. :) :)
    I haven't outgrown any of those things except, perhaps, swimming in the lake.  I went by it a few years ago and am wondering what I was thinking back then.
    Thanks SpunkySenior!
      May 6, 2020 4:22 PM MDT

I wasn't quite a tomboy, but if I wanted to have playmates, I had to play what the boys were playing.  I've always lived in NYC, so there were no lakes in the immediate area and no horses until I went to camp in the summer.  :)
      May 7, 2020 6:27 AM MDT

It is cool we learned many things from what was offered to us and how we grew from those environments.
    I definitely thank my parents for those opportunities.  They Did make sure my sister and I grew up in a safe neighborhood full of many different outdoor places to play and learn about.
    You learned many skills I didn't at an earlier age.  You learned how to have fun in an environment I would be lost in.
    The beauty of being a child is seeing all and making it work for them and others. 
    I don't think children see any situation and think, "I'm going to make this miserable for me or my fellow friend."  I think we all want to learn and be happy.  It comes naturally. 
    What is presented to us helps us grow and learn from what it has to offer.
    It's great we never stop asking Why? and How?  From riding horses to playing jacks, thank goodness we had the opportunities to do both.
    I love parents for that!
    :) :)!

May 7, 2020 1:32 PM MDT

Even though I have always been a city-gal, I came to love nature and animals the five years I was able to go to camp.  I learned a lot from that.  My neighborhood was wonderful - an eclectic mix of races and cultures that all got along.  Every child should grow up in the environment I did if it has to be the city and the one you did if it's to be in the country. :)
      May 7, 2020 2:05 PM MDT

Exactly!  My thoughts weren't one was better than the other.
    It was we both were given opportunities to do both.
    I went to camp too and loved it!  I never wanted to come home.
    I didn't and still don't know much about the city.  I learned about that in my rebellious years and when I went to college.
    I have great appreciation for both. 
    :) :)!
    But, no matter what I gained from both environments, I thank my parents for giving me every opportunity they could provide for me, financially, mentally, and physically. 
    Being Don and I choose not to have children, I have found even though I didn't tell them or show it often, I DO know they did everything they could and beyond to make sure we were safe and had everything they could offer.

I'm not sure Don and I would be able to live up to the standards I would expect as parents.

I have been very lucky with the people I am surrounded by.
    That includes, here, on answerMug!
      May 7, 2020 3:55 PM MDT

I agree with you completely.  I also loved camp and didn't want to come home!  I'm pretty sure that's where I developed my love for nature.  Of course, living in NYC, I have been exposed to all sorts of cultural things you may not come across in a small town.  Both have their pluses and minuses.  I guess the best is a combination of both. :)
      May 8, 2020 10:37 AM MDT

You had brothers?!  Cool!!  I only had Courtney and OMGosh!!  RANDY up the street.
    You never know... 6 degrees of separation.

Huge winks and smiles!
    If you are that Randy, thank you for all the childhood games and fun memories!!
    You were a great playmate. 
    I still won that wrestling match. 
    Bigger winks and smiles!!

May 6, 2020 4:26 PM MDT

Er, um, you were supposed to let me win!  We had a deal, remember? Grrrrrr. 

~
      May 6, 2020 4:56 PM MDT

As I recall, that deal was only for the matches in our backyards.  When it came to school, we had to play by their rules.
    Besides, I gave you the peach from my lunch that day and I think this was your way of thanking me!
    You always did give thanks in your own BIG way and never said anything...

You were sneaky about being kind.  You didn't want the others to know.... but I did.
    ;) :)!
      May 7, 2020 10:00 AM MDT

Tag, you’re it!

~
      May 7, 2020 2:40 PM MDT

Marbles?
      May 6, 2020 1:54 PM MDT

... knocking in your head creating twidly wink stars floating around?
    A great guess, though!
    Had I not been given another answer that seemed to fit better, I would have thought the same thing!
    Thanks Element!
    You haven't been out and about today.  I hope you're o.k. 
    Sending Happy and Healthy and Safe thoughts!

;) :)
      May 6, 2020 4:34 PM MDT