Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » My only experience with prison is in movies or on TV. Never been in one in my entire life. Have you? Ever visit one or know an ex con?

My only experience with prison is in movies or on TV. Never been in one in my entire life. Have you? Ever visit one or know an ex con?

My idea of prison is once you're there everyone can attack you beat you rape you whatever to you and no one lifts a finger to interfere. Including guards. That's what it appears to be like. Is it really that way? Once you're in prison anything goes? I'm scaring myself.

It happens.

Posted - May 10, 2020

Responses

Oh. Well we have SKINKS in our backyard. Little lizard-like cutie pies. Of course once upon a time we had a run-in witn a skunk. In our patio it let loose and the stench got on the screen door and lasted for what seemed like months! I wonder what it is in the skunk oil or whatever it shoots out that causes it to last so long? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your informative reply E and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      May 13, 2020 3:04 AM MDT

Tomato juice will remove the smell. The odor comes from a group of chemicals called mercaptans, or thiols. The are similar to the chemical added to natural gas so you can smell leaks.
      May 13, 2020 8:18 AM MDT

It will? Seriously E? Thanks. We always have tomato juice on hand. Both of us like it!  This was about 15 years ago. Every so often we smell one but it's way off somewhere else and the stench dissipates after an hour or so. Geez poor skunks. I know it undoubtedly saves their lives but imagine being compared to stench whenever your name comes up? Can't be easy being green per Kermit the frog. Even harder being a skunk methinks. That for the helpful info. Much appreciated! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 13, 2020 8:42 AM MDT
      May 13, 2020 8:36 AM MDT

A couple of my Mom's ex husbands were in prison. I do not associate with them. 

A relative who is a young lady who drove drunk and her passengers (also drunk) died in a car wreck. She was sent to prison for manslaughter. She upon getting out has straightened up. 

Also a relative, young man sent to prison for drugs and stealing. When he got out, he continued doing drugs. His mind is now wasted. He is institiutionalized last I heard. 

So yes, I have known a few. 
      May 11, 2020 7:00 PM MDT

Condolences m2c. My experience is nil with regard to any of that. It is all so sad and I wonder why some "go bad" or "do bad" while others who share the same DNA and environment go good or are good. Maybe it's one of those unsolvable mysteries. Thank you for sharing your experience and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      May 12, 2020 3:18 AM MDT