Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Is there any sitcom family's living situation or person's living situation that mirrors a similar one in your experiences?

Is there any sitcom family's living situation or person's living situation that mirrors a similar one in your experiences?

For instance, "Mork and Mindy" featured a young single woman and an outerspace alien in the same house,  "Will and Grace" had a straight woman living with her best friend who was a gay man,  "Sanford and Son" had an elderly junk dealer and his son living at the junkyard that doubled as their home, "The King of Queens" was a married couple's home and the wife's father in their basement, "Two and A Half Men" was a divorced chiropractor and his minor son mooching of of his millionaire playboy alcoholic brother by living in his beachside mansion, etc. 

[EDIT] The focus of this question is specifically how your living situation now or ever has compared with that of any characters on a sitcom, it is not merely asking about your family dynamics or family demographics. Thank you.  
~

Posted - May 11, 2020

Responses

My family is probably similar to the "Reba" TV show except my oldest is a son (with no baby) and my ex and his GF are a whole lot less funny. lol

May 12, 2020 1:15 AM MDT

I rarely watch sitcoms so I couldn't say.

If it were a sitcom about my marriage,
    the husband would have ADD and sometimes dissociative disorder,
    and the wife would be a pedantic, obsessive-compulsive nerd.
    Right there is a recipe for absurdity in every second of every day.

May 12, 2020 1:21 AM MDT

May 12, 2020 1:34 AM MDT

The Mary Tyler Moore Show featured a beautiful, single woman living in Minneapolis. Few people know that I was the inspiration for that program.
      May 12, 2020 5:00 AM MDT

May 12, 2020 6:29 AM MDT