Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Who and when was the first baby born by Immaaculate Conception.? ...M

Who and when was the first baby born by Immaaculate Conception.? ...M

My Dad said it must have been me in 1988 when I was born and my Mon then said it was my Dad ,but he was just so drunk and then didn't want to admit to creating a  Devils child that was all of his own making...:)

Posted - May 15, 2020

Responses

Jesus. 
      May 18, 2020 7:28 AM MDT

So its that guys son in the corner shop that open all hours and sells over priced  out of Dates items in his shop...:( 
      May 18, 2020 8:41 AM MDT

The conception of Jesus' mother is the Immaculate Conception. The conception of Jesus is the Virgin Birth. Many people get this wrong.
      May 18, 2020 11:15 AM MDT

Thank you I was not aware of this. I thought the terms meant the same. 
    But Jesus' birth would also be Immaculate as He was also without original sin. 
      May 18, 2020 11:24 AM MDT

I apprecite the humor in the original question. Lol
    These later non biblical terms are often muddied in relation to what the Bible really teaches. I know what the Bible says but am not always up to par on these Catholic teachings.

[The New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967, Vol. VII, pp. 378-381) acknowledges regarding the origin of the belief: “ . . . the Immaculate Conception is not taught explicitly in Scripture . . . The earliest Church Fathers regarded Mary as holy but not as absolutely sinless. . . . It is impossible to give a precise date when the belief was held as a matter of faith, but by the 8th or 9th century it seems to have been generally admitted. . . . [In 1854 Pope Pius IX defined the dogma] ‘which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary was preserved from all stain of original sin in the first instant of her Conception.’” This belief was confirmed by Vatican II (1962-1965).—The Documents of Vatican II (New York, 1966), edited by W. M. Abbott, S.J., p. 88.]

https://www.encyclopedia.com/medicine/anatomy-and-physiology/anatomy-and-physiology/immaculate-conception

[The term "Immaculate Conception" designates the belief that the Virgin Mary was free from original sin from the very beginning of her life, i.e., from her conception.]
      May 18, 2020 2:13 PM MDT

One could suggest the first baby born by Immaaculate Conception was the Laamb of God. But that might be thought fatuous, even irreligious, if not utterly gullible a belief.
    But talking of monstrous, multi-wheeled heavy agricultural equipment, there's fields to be plowed, seed to be sown, and the religious flavor of the week comes a poor second consideration to all others within my field of view.

August 19, 2020 9:20 AM MDT