Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Randy D
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » When was the first vechiles required to have documentation after being invented and legally driven on the roads..?

When was the first vechiles required to have documentation after being invented and legally driven on the roads..?

I going to say it must have been an early runner like Fred Flintstone when he applied for his first *Log Book* registration jobby thing...   Hehe...

Posted - May 25, 2020

Responses

Probably about the same time as the first hit-and-run accident...
      May 25, 2020 6:02 AM MDT

What a smashing answer...Maybe because they took a crash course to fist learn how to drive..:(
      May 25, 2020 10:27 AM MDT

Probably when some bureaucrat realized money could be made by requiring vehicles to be registered.
      May 25, 2020 9:39 AM MDT

Ain't that the truth,,,There is no other cash cow like the ones that have four wheels fit for milking by any governments...
      May 25, 2020 10:29 AM MDT

Every year my car registration fee gets more expensive.  
      May 26, 2020 9:20 AM MDT

Buy as many cars as you like in England and it's totally free to register them ...You then only need to ell the government when and who you sold them to or if you sell them or if they are going to be exported to another country...

We have a once a year MOT government test to check that all cars are road worthy on the day of the test....Most all vechiles Have to pay Road Fund license Tax which seems to go up out of all pre portion every year...
    The tax rises to force people to buy new cars each year on the promise that new ones are less pollutant...no consideration is given to the fact that each new car has to be made using energy and so many componen parts are toxic and even more so if the weird plastics and other chemicals in the component get burnt...
    You should never get into a new vechile that's caught fire....there is certain chemicals in so many electrical components that can be absorbed through your skin and many are poisonous and have other weird effect on anyone who touches them..
    No one seems to care about how digging up the minerials to make the billions of batteries needed in these electric vehicles..i
    Im in no doubt ,that in a few years time they to will be banned as being far more harmful to our enviroment to..
      May 26, 2020 3:17 PM MDT

In New York, we pay a vehicle registration/license plate fee every two years which came to about $140 because I have a vanity plate, a driver's license renewal every 7 (I think) years and we have to do an annual emissions certification which costs about $40.00.  
      May 26, 2020 3:25 PM MDT

Is there no test each year on the brakes..steering, suspension ,lights ,exhaust and rust on the structural parts of the vechile..we have an emmmission test each year to as part of the annual MOT....  
      May 26, 2020 4:23 PM MDT

Yes - all those are checked at the same time the emissions test is performed.  
      May 27, 2020 9:38 AM MDT

So that's like our MOT ...Ministry Of Transport annual test certificate     ...
      May 27, 2020 12:20 PM MDT

Yes.  I guess I just expected you to know what it covered and I shouldn't have. :)
      May 27, 2020 5:16 PM MDT

We call so many things differnt names like Hood &Trunk for  you in the US of A and we say Bonnet and Boot....lol...
    Parking brake & Hand BraKe..Muffler & Exhaust....Stick & Manual for gearboxes ...there must be more....
    Can anyone else help here....lol 
      May 27, 2020 5:50 PM MDT

That's a no-brainer.
      May 25, 2020 11:46 AM MDT