Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What's the very worst tragedy any country in history suffered sustained survived and bounced back from. Complete recovery or never the same?

What's the very worst tragedy any country in history suffered sustained survived and bounced back from. Complete recovery or never the same?

Posted - May 28, 2020

Responses

How about Poland, Germany, Japan, and Britain in WWII (just to name a few).  They suffered extreme tragedy and yet managed to bounce back.  Things there weren’t quite the same after as they were before either (Japan nuked, Germany was split up).

May 28, 2020 1:21 PM MDT

Do you think Americans are too soft Shuhak? Do they lack the steely determination to dig in and rebuild? So many countries have suffered so much devastation. So far this Covid 19 has put us back on our heels and it is still having its way with us despite the fringes who are oblivious to it and are trying ignore it. This may well be our Waterloo. Bribes and cheating and lying isn't going to fix it. Ignoring it or minimizing it isn't going to make it go away or as some want to promulgate...it never really was that bad..just another flu that people tried to make more important than it really was. That kind of "mentality" bespeaks of great stupidity and I'm not sure that a country full of stupid people who happen to hold the power will ever survive anything. I guess we will find out. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 29, 2020 2:11 AM MDT

Yes, we are very soft.    

- We are overly dependent on technology - most people are lost without their phone, lets than 10% of cashiers can count out change without the aid if the register. 

- We have no clue what hardships are (listen to them whine when the power is out for more than 3 minutes). 

- Each successive generations wants everything handed to them (they’re owed it).  They have no work ethic either.  Most can’t show up to work on time, and when they finally do get there they assume they get paid for doing nothing (if you want me to work harder, pay me more). 

- We’re fat and lazy.  We make up 5% of the world’s population, but consume 24% of the world’s energy.  We toss out (waste) 150,000 tons of food each day.

This virus has shown us what we really are, yet we close our and refuse to see.  It’s like someone looking into the mirror and seeing a piece of spinach in their teeth.  Yet instead of removing it, they claim the mirror’s faulty.

May 29, 2020 9:52 AM MDT

That spinach thingy? Perfect analogy. Nothing is ever our fault. What you say you see you don't really see and if you think you see it you are delusional. Repeatedly this is the position of all of them. "The fault does not lie with us". No way no how no time. The fault lies with you...your vision your prejudices your lack of perspicacity. Never us. Truth is the enemy to such as them. Probably always was but exacerbated by the don of many johns. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      May 29, 2020 10:05 AM MDT