Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "RACISM IS AN AMERICAN HEALTH CRISIS". Only in America? Are Americans the PREMIER racists in the world? Led by the don of johns?

"RACISM IS AN AMERICAN HEALTH CRISIS". Only in America? Are Americans the PREMIER racists in the world? Led by the don of johns?

What other country is there that can possibly match the glorious support the don of johns accords to his racist peeps? "They are GOOD people". They are GOOD people. They are GOOD people. They are GOOD people.

Posted - May 31, 2020

Responses

All countries have massive racism (Africa, India, the Philippines).  We just hear about this country more because we live in it.

May 31, 2020 12:07 PM MDT

True dat. All I know about other countries is what our Answermug friends who live there tell us. Elsewise otherwise I've never lived in another country so I would only know what I read about if it were not for our Answermug pals who in Australia and the U.K. and Canada and elsewhere. It seems WORSE now because of the don of johns who has purposely sanctified being a RACIST. What more do they need than that? Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 1, 2020 1:48 AM MDT

A slight correction, perhaps important though, not ALL countries have massive racism. Many, (not all) have varying degrees of racism but not massive. 
      June 1, 2020 3:36 AM MDT

You're right, I should have said many.  
      June 1, 2020 9:22 AM MDT

:):):)
      June 3, 2020 2:25 AM MDT

The use of lethal violence by the police doesn't seem to be as big an issue in European countries as in America, but this does not mean that Europe is less racist. It's more likely to be because the overall rate of violent crime is lower, firearm ownership is less prevalent, and the whole culture of policing is less confrontational. 

As for other parts of the world, I'm sure there are many examples of police brutality against Dalits and other dark-skinned people in India and indigenous people in Latin America, but the media does not make reporting on it a high priority.
      June 1, 2020 5:33 AM MDT

Indeed reverent, and while we are at it, we should also perhaps point out that, there are countries, (maybe with cause!) have examples of brutality towards white people. I am not saying this to be facetious, just adding it for accuracy. 
      June 1, 2020 10:04 AM MDT

For just cause or just because?
      June 3, 2020 2:33 AM MDT

I was thinking about South Africa - it's a complex situation, as is Northern Ireland, and people are wrong if they believe otherwise, but arguably the black people there, the indigenous people feel they have just cause from years of apartheid and ill-treatment. 
      June 3, 2020 2:24 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Addb and Happy Thursday to thee. I think of Nelson Mandela in prison for 27 years when I think of Apartheid. How many Nelson Mandela's in the world are there do you think? Racism seems exceedingly simple to me. We love our own ilk and despise "the other". Not everyone but enough to make it an abomination 24/7. :)
      June 4, 2020 4:28 AM MDT

We are being consumed by hate and violence promulgated by donjohntrump and exacerbated by those who think he is awesome good. Hi Rev. I believe we are in our 8th or 9th day of protests. I don't know if you saw the infamous donjohntrump photo op with BIBLE in hand but he had cops TEARGAS peaceful protesters to clear the way for him to have that photo op taken in front of St. John's Church. Much blowback for having done that but still what kind of monstrous inhuman thing would DO THAT for a lousy photo op? Well donjohntrump did it and that is what we have in control here. Every day it gets worse. Curfews and threatened military patrols and weaponized cops and national guard and much destruction everywhere fomented controlled promulgated by WHITE SUPREMACISTS who took the opportunity afforded them to make everything ever so much worse. Anyway sorry for the rant. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Wednesday to you. Hope you and yours are staying safe and you are all well! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 3, 2020 2:24 PM MDT
      June 3, 2020 2:30 AM MDT