Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Demonizing the police or RECOGNIZING that they don't do well on their own alone? THEY NEED GUIDANCE DAILY. Don't they?

Demonizing the police or RECOGNIZING that they don't do well on their own alone? THEY NEED GUIDANCE DAILY. Don't they?

Kinda like the military.

SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT

Posted - June 7, 2020

Responses

As a former deputy Sherrif, I would have to say that while there are biased and corrupt police officers out there, one purpose of the media is to show stories that hold people's attention, and when people are outraged, they are more likely to watch. Demonizing the police on a daily basis helps to drive ratings. Often, the only time police officers are shown doing something good is during the human interest portion of the broadcast.

Far from being better informed, heavy news-watchers can become miscalibrated. They worry more about crime, even when rates are falling, and sometimes they part company with reality altogether. Something I witness every time I log in to AM. To say that all police officers are bad people is an inaccurate and biased statement. Which is what much of the news media is quite good at.

June 7, 2020 7:31 PM MDT