Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Black Americans want to stop being killed". Seems reasonable to me. Sound reasonable to you too?

"Black Americans want to stop being killed". Seems reasonable to me. Sound reasonable to you too?

Posted - June 8, 2020

Responses

Yes, it sounds reasonable. But then, it's just as reasonable for all other ethnicities to want to stop being killed. Unfortunately, thanks to the biased media and the biased media fan base, reasonable thought processes are being forced out of the picture and replaced with biased frenzied and hateful rage.
      June 8, 2020 8:07 PM MDT

Yes, absolutely reasonable. 

One of my biggest concerns about the current protests, however, is the spread of coronavirus. Going by data, it seems that African Americans are more likely to develop complications from COVID-19 than people with fair skin. So, although the protests have the best intentions at heart for the black communities, it may, indirectly, put many at risk of serious sickness. And it's not necessarily those who attend the protests who are at the biggest risk, but the families they bring the infection home to. 

I hope I'm wrong. 
      June 8, 2020 8:21 PM MDT

Why not?
      June 8, 2020 8:43 PM MDT