Active Now

Spunky
Thebigd
Randy D
Malizz
Shuhak
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The problem is not black men. The problem is terrified cops carrying loaded weapons with hair-trigger fingers and no training. Isn't it?

The problem is not black men. The problem is terrified cops carrying loaded weapons with hair-trigger fingers and no training. Isn't it?

During training if anyone were paying any attention the terrified cops would be weeded out BEFORE they became murderers.

How long is the training? Two minutes? What kinds of mental and psychological testing is done to make sure what you are dealing with is a sane calm decent reasonable person?

Posted - June 14, 2020

Responses

If you had to put up with what they do - every day - you'd be terrified too.  These guys see the underbelly of society on a daily basis.  The underbelly that most of us close our eyes too.

They are trained to be trigger happy.   A "normal" person couldn't be a cop.  These guys must detach themselves from the ones they "serve and protect" lest they get caught up in their problems (much like a social worker).  
      June 14, 2020 1:46 PM MDT

I am not impressed by those who are drawn to jobs that gives POWER over others simply because they carry loaded weapons which they are AUTORIZED to use. Not my cuppa tea. FYI. What kind of person can that possibly be? A wimp who is frightened unless he carries a death causing thing? Whatever. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday.
      June 15, 2020 5:55 AM MDT

First of all, of course, the police carry loaded firearms. What do you expect, squirt guns? Secondly, "most" police receive good training, however, some police forces could use better training. I was a county deputy and that unit was well-trained. The Grand Rapids Police (the city I live in) never used the knee to the neck procedure and if they do, they will be suspended on the spot and charges brought. The Michigan State Police training is almost as rigorous as Marine boot camp. Only one out of a hundred applicants/recruits make the grade. Very well trained police.

Do police ever get scared? Of course, they do. I know first-hand. There are times when even the best-trained officers and veteran officers simply cannot sit and think about what the manual says. They need to react or they die or someone else dies. Unless you have walked in their shoes, you will never understand the constant stress they are under. Especially now.   However, some people simply hate cops to the point where nothing anyone says will get through to them.
      June 14, 2020 4:03 PM MDT

:):)
      June 14, 2020 4:06 PM MDT