Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The trump isn't the first ignoramus to use a song in campaigning WITHOUT GETTING THE PERMISSION OF THE SONGWRITER FIRST?.Is he?

The trump isn't the first ignoramus to use a song in campaigning WITHOUT GETTING THE PERMISSION OF THE SONGWRITER FIRST?.Is he?

Our Canadian pal said Tom Petty objected to the use of one of his songs.

Are all pols that egomaniacal they think anyone would be honored to provide music for partisan political blather?

The trump ain't the first stupid dumb ignoramus to do it. He won't be the last. Sheesh.

Posted - June 22, 2020

Responses

Ted Nugent wouldn't have a problem with that.
      June 22, 2020 8:07 PM MDT

I know the ted of nugent adores the trump. I wonder where good old ted is? why doesn't the trump use the ted? Take the ted along and have him play for the hordes and throngs and mobs of adoring worshippers? I wonder? Thank you for your reply E and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)
      June 23, 2020 2:46 AM MDT

Former Australian PM John Howard lifted Joe Cocker's Unchain My Heart, but legally. He didn't ask Joe, he purchased the rights from his record label.
      June 22, 2020 8:55 PM MDT

So Joe wrote the song but turned it over to his record label? Hmmm. Thank you for your reply R and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :)
      June 23, 2020 2:48 AM MDT