Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Someone who admits to gaming the system bigly says he's the only one who can fix it. And screw himself in the process? You believe it? Why?

Someone who admits to gaming the system bigly says he's the only one who can fix it. And screw himself in the process? You believe it? Why?

Posted - October 4, 2016

Responses

We had the same thing happen here in Denmark some 30 years ago.
    His name was Mogens Glistrup and he was a tax consultant. specializing in helping people to legally pay no taxes.
    He had found several legal loopholes in the tax laws and used them.
    Then he formed his own political party (the "Progress Party") and it got voted into our parliament. Not as a majority, we have several parties, but strong enough to be a serious scare for the old established parties.
    Experts looked over his tax reports and discovered that some of his 'legal loopholes' were not really as legal as he thought, so he was put in jail for tax evasion.

The people he had gathered were like Trumps followers, the loud and disagreeable, so the moment he was out of the picture they started fighting among themselves until some strong Lady won to lead the (now smaller) party.
    After a while Glistrup was set free, but too late. His party would not have him. It gradually dwindled away.

By He has died of old age and I think the Progress Party have vanished entirely
      October 4, 2016 9:30 AM MDT

Do you think prison may be in Trump's future? Thank you for your information-filled and very thoughtful reply in answer to my question JakobA. I appreciate it!
      October 5, 2016 4:20 AM MDT

One has said he will fix the system and the other says it is horrible but she takes advantage of it too and will not fix it. Clearly the first is still better choice because there is no hope at all with second.
      October 4, 2016 5:45 PM MDT

So you really believe Trump will screw himself, his own best interests and the interests of his family/friends/wealthy cronies to help we the people? Why? What causes you to believe that after 70 years of selfish/self-centered activities Trump will put others first? Thank you for your reply ITp and Happy Wednesday to thee. This post was edited by RosieG at October 5, 2016 4:23 AM MDT
      October 5, 2016 4:22 AM MDT

At his age his greater interest will be in becoming president. If changing the law to limit how deductions will work will bring home closer to that then yes I think he will do it. It is also a much ebtter position than hillary takes which is that she will condemn people who follow the law, except herself, and not change the law. It is people like hillary who are the reason that things never change. We have tried them my whole life and nothing has changed. What is worse about giving trump a chance? Maybe he will change things.
      October 5, 2016 8:58 AM MDT

In case you didn't get the memo, the nation is collapsing. That is the only reason the higher-ups allowed two clowns to run for office. None of their people wanted command of a sinking ship. If you go to http://gold-eagle.com they will show you the process as it unfolds. Details and timing are not predictable, but the collapse is already in progress. Financial analysts have been predicting this for forty years. The only difference is that back then verbs were future tense, and now they are present tense.
      October 4, 2016 7:10 PM MDT

You honestly believe that Trump will put his financial interests, the financial interests of his family/friends/wealthy cronies aside and do something on behalf of we the people? He has not done that so far. At 70 years of age you really really really believe that leopard will change its spots? Why would you believe that?  Thank you for your reply JV.
      October 5, 2016 4:25 AM MDT

• I believe he may believe it.  Trump doesn't pay any attention to 'the rules', I suspect because he honestly thinks playing by 'the rules' is a sign of weakness.  In his little bubble, Trump is the 'Everything', and his actions indicate he has no time for anything that prevents him doing whatever he wishes.

If I'm right, this is a signal of significant personality defects.  It's been entertaining and instructive over the last few months to see what real personality disorders look like and what effects they can have.  Trump is a buzzing hive of these things and by no means should he be measured against anyone who is 'normal'.

Sadly, I think he would view 'Trump isn't normal' as a compliment.  
      October 5, 2016 4:34 AM MDT