Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » HEADS UP AMERICA! Thought Covid 19 was going away? It didn't and now the number of new cases is SKYROCKETING! Fake news right?

HEADS UP AMERICA! Thought Covid 19 was going away? It didn't and now the number of new cases is SKYROCKETING! Fake news right?

Posted - June 25, 2020

Responses

Cases here in this small town have nearly doubled in just this past week.  Our local hospital is nearly out of beds - something that hasn’t happened since this thing started.   

June 25, 2020 1:05 PM MDT

It seems we are right back to SQUARE ONE Shuhak and I cannot for the life of me figger out WHY! California under the leadership of Newsome acted correctly early on. He locked us down. Ordered masks be warn. For weeks. He took it seriously. Then mebbe the slow opening up started it all over again? I have no idea but it scares me. Does it scare you too? We went today masked and gloved and social distanced but very tense. Who knows if that person passing you in aisle is a carrier? We look at one another with suspicious dread. Again. Here we go again. Maybe forever and the never will be getting back to some form of normalcy. It was great while it lasted but now? It's a crapshoot. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      June 25, 2020 2:09 PM MDT

People are stupid.  One person says something totally asinine and 100 people jump to defend it as if it were gospel truth.  They don’t bother to check the facts, they just defend it.  I swear, I could say “trees fly east for the summer” and 50 people would quickly agree.   In a week, there’d be protesters out shouting, “roots inhibit the free moment of trees.  Liberate the trees!”

There’s a really tiny mom/pop grocery store at the end of my block.  As I was driving my truck around the block this morning (to keep the battery charged), I saw 3 people from 3 different cars get out walk into the store.  Not a one of them was wearing mask and none of them social distanced.  People just flat out don’t care about anyone but themselves.

June 25, 2020 4:05 PM MDT

I think in the annals of history there has never been such stupid people as those who not only voted for the confederate (traitor) trump but still will vote for him adore him worship him and live for him. They will walk over dead bodies in the street and insist it's all a hoax. As they lay dying from the virus they will never admit the why. Stupid dumb as they come the stupid is harming the rest of us. I don't get why our state is surging spiking though considering our guv locked us down for weeks and mandated wearing marks. Can you figure it out Shuhak? That scares me. Red states will soar galore and ask for more but a blue state? Any idea why? Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Friday! STAY SAFE m'dear! :) Oh yes I cracked up with your "trees fly east for the summer". Seriously funny on the surface but the underneath? (as she shakes her head and smacks her forehead with the open palm of her hand). I just tried that out to see what would happen. Ouch!
      June 26, 2020 2:32 AM MDT

To be fair, we can’t lay all of this on trump.   I’ve seen US newspapers articles from 1919 during the Spanish flu pandemic.  Guess what?  They too had numerous anti-maskers.  Their “reasoning” is nearly the same as it is today.  People in this country are just plain obstinate – they always have been and (sigh) they probably always will be.  Remember back in ’86 when seatbelts became mandatory in cars?  People protested, claiming they violated their constitutional rights.  It got worse when they tried to enforce the law.  Remember the law - “A police officer can only give out a seatbelt ticket ONLY if he pulled the driver over for another violation.”  Yet, despite the countless lives seatbelts have saved over the years, some people still refuse to wear them.  You see (what’s left of) some of them in the news after they get into a wreck and are ejected from their car. 

Our (blue) state is spiking because people don’t - nay, refuse - to think.  They only see themselves; not their children, their friends, their neighbors or even their fellow Americans (of any color).  They think and act as if everything revolves solely around them.  The virus is not gone.  Closing things down was only meant to help slow the viruses spread - and it did.  Yet some people still have the virus - even though they aren’t sick.  These anti-maskers/group-huggers are what’s spreading the virus.  When they first started opening things up, people from heavily infected counties quickly ran to less infected counties, bringing the virus with them.  This county has always attracted tourists in the summer – and this year is no exception.  They come here from all over the country - bringing their viruses with them (while leaving their masks at home).  As a result, cases here are skyrocketing!  It gets better…. some people here are bound and determined to hold 4th of July functions (parade, public fireworks), even though the city canceled them.  Their plan?  Simply have them on private property where the city/state can’t say a word.  And if they do, sue them for violating peoples constitutional right to privacy).  It’s a$saholic people like that make me ashamed of this city … and of this nation!

June 26, 2020 11:53 AM MDT

OMG! (The G is for "goodness" not you know who). Well I think Hemet is a safe place. Basically it's where old people retire. Nothing particularly outstanding about it though I quite like the town. Everywhere we need to go is within a 3-mile radius. It's quiet here and off the beaten path. I cannot imagine tourists flocking here although in times past we have had our Snowbirds. Not so much these days. But we're more definitely determined to mask and glove and social distance maybe forever. The way things are going homo saps being the saps they are we live defending our lives every day from the selfish the obtuse the oblivious. We always did but these days the dangers are deadly. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Imagine getting irate and upset because people are offering you advice to help KEEP YOU ALIVE? Weird. :)
      June 27, 2020 12:02 PM MDT

Yes cases are increasing. They will never decrease. 

Are the serious cases increasing? No. That number has remained level at 16,500 in the entire COUNTRY. 

www.worldometers.info
      June 25, 2020 8:11 PM MDT

It is fake news around here. Cases in New York have dropped to their lowest number since March.
      June 25, 2020 9:42 PM MDT