Active Now

Shuhak
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Are you currently a nobody, a somebody or a work in progress on your way to being whatever you can? How long does it take to become someone?

Are you currently a nobody, a somebody or a work in progress on your way to being whatever you can? How long does it take to become someone?

Posted - October 4, 2016

Responses

I used to be someone. When I retired I became a has-been.
      October 4, 2016 9:36 AM MDT

"Has-been" or "used to be"?   Or simply retired? I used to define myself by my job. Once you retire there is no job  so how do you define/describe yourself? I think "has-been" would be sad if it were true but I believe that does not describe you Ele. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 5, 2016 3:35 AM MDT

I tell you what, if your mother doesn't teach you some social skills before age six or so, you are in deep doodoo for your whole life.
      October 4, 2016 6:47 PM MDT

80% of the brain is formed by age 3. By age six it's too late to change it. Which is why parents should teach their children how to read BEFORE they attend school. Not wait until the kid hits the classroom and has a hard time. Parents who criticize the teachers for not working miracles never did their job at home in my opinion. My kid read early. He had a library card at the age of 3. He had an advantage over the other kids and any kid can learn to read. It just takes parents who are willing to spend the time. Thank you for your reply JV  and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      October 5, 2016 3:33 AM MDT

I'm in a constant state of evolution and decay, whether I like it or not. I would hope that I progress throughout my life, and I'm going to try to do so as long as I exist. I wish it were easier sometimes, but I wouldn't be the same... So. I have my good and bad days I guess. 
      October 4, 2016 8:08 PM MDT

Entropy is inescapable. One of the definitions is "A doctrine of inevitable social decline and degeneration" which is the one that pertains to your response lovely. I guess as we age we degenerate. Did you happen to see the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"?  It was about a human being who was born old and moved through life growing ever younger until death. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 5, 2016 3:30 AM MDT

Nobody. Perhaps I will become something before I return to the nothingness. Or maybe not, I don't know.
      October 5, 2016 12:26 AM MDT

Do you really believe you will return to nothingness Oscar? No one knows what lies beyond life for sure. It is all conjecture. I think you are definitely somebody though maybe not whom you will be later on in life! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 5, 2016 3:25 AM MDT