Active Now

Slartibartfast
Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Oopsy doopsy. New York authorities are ordering a famous Pol's Foundation to cease fundraising. What in the he** did that bad boy do now?

Oopsy doopsy. New York authorities are ordering a famous Pol's Foundation to cease fundraising. What in the he** did that bad boy do now?

Posted - October 4, 2016

Responses

• He pissed of the wrong people in power.  The same thing that anyone in his position gets in trouble for.
    The authorities couldn't care less about corruption.  Not in how it affects society or the common person.  They are all corrupt themselves.   Corruption laws aren't used to actually stop it,   they are over looked until a person loses favor or angers the wrong person or power. 

I'm not saying this to make Trump out to be victim.   I'm just saying how it is.   Those in government just don't care about corruption until it threatens them or their power.    They hold onto these charges like trump cards(no pun intended) when they want one gone. 
      October 4, 2016 10:39 AM MDT

You bring up a very profound point Glis.  Since they are all corrupt how do they choose whom to go after? Thank you for the insight. I honestly never thought about it that way but you are absolutely right! How sad is that? Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Wednesday! :)                                         
      October 5, 2016 3:40 AM MDT

• That's how I've seen it work in my brief existence. 
      October 5, 2016 6:47 AM MDT

Political games are going on and this is probably an attack in revenge for congress and the senate trying to pass bills to prevent anyone from every doing what hillary did with the clinton foundation and to revoke the security clearance of anyone who handles classified information as carelessly as hillary.
      October 4, 2016 5:31 PM MDT

Apparently they didn't file the paperwork.

I still remember the first time I heard someone mention "paper" work. I thought it was a joke.
      October 4, 2016 6:31 PM MDT

Apologies JV but I don't get the joke. Someone should be in charge of foundations and businesses and anything else that is governed by rules...someone who KNOWS all the rules and is responsible for making certain they are followed.  An error of omission or commission? It matters not. Rules are rules. Assuming what you said is the reason that foundation is now in the crosshairs. Not knowing is no excuse. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 5, 2016 3:45 AM MDT

• To be fair.  The legal and tax system is so complicated that there really isn't anyone who knows ALL the rules and the contradictions in them.   It's like when people say if you aren't breaking the law, then you have nothing to worry about. Problem is the law is convoluted these days. Everyone is breaking the law even when they don't know.  It's like  Three Felonies a Day  by Harvey Silverglate.
      October 5, 2016 6:51 AM MDT

That cannot be the reason the trump foundation is in crosshairs because the NY AG has said that the clinton foundation has also failed to provide 3 years of needed forms. Since nothing has happened to the clinton foundation the reason is corruption and what we are seeing is how corrupt government operates. At least in a third world country the corruption is affordable to a middle class person but in America only the very rich can benefit.
      October 5, 2016 8:55 PM MDT