Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever been DELIGHTED about the way things turned out or are you always disappointed? What d'ya expect from folks? More than they can deliver?

Ever been DELIGHTED about the way things turned out or are you always disappointed? What d'ya expect from folks? More than they can deliver?

Posted - June 29, 2020

Responses

Yep, my marriage. 31 years and counting. 2 kids, 3 grandkids.
      June 29, 2020 3:05 AM MDT

Awesome reply m'dear. Are you sitting down? I just referred to you on another thread about your admiration for Tammy Duckworth! I swear I'm not joking. Now how do you explain that? I got goosebumps when I saw you posted something. YIKES! Thank you for your reply R and Happy Monday. The context was about who would make a great veep for Biden. I'm not happy that he is given a directive to choose an African American woman though I like Kamala Harris a lot. So I brought up Tammy and mentioned you (not by name..I just said "my AUSSIE friend"! Boy! Nifty timing! :)
      June 29, 2020 3:09 AM MDT

A setter rather than a pointer of any description would be a good start. Tammy of course would be my pick. I also like AOC but she's ruled out Constitutionally by her age or rather lack of it - she can't be Prez or Veep for a few years yet.
      June 29, 2020 3:37 AM MDT

I don't know how you do it m'dear but YOU ARE SO ON TOP OF THINGS that go on in America. I am impressed. But you know that. Now could you please clarify would you mean by "setter" or "pointer"? A pointer talks the talk and a setter walks the walk? Thank you for your reply R! :)
      June 29, 2020 3:45 AM MDT

Heinlein expression for women and men - women are setters, men are pointers and I think it has something to do with how each uses the bathroom.
      June 29, 2020 4:09 AM MDT

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Got me! That is HILARIOUS! Geez I can't stop giggling. Now that is a concise succinct spot on COMPLETE description of a big difference. ONE WORD. Amazing! Thank you for explaining it to me. But well now I visualize what that means...well not me. BAD ROSIE. Thanks for laughs. Have you spread that around? Shared it with others? Geez I sure hope so. Everyone needs a laugh especially now! :)
      June 29, 2020 4:24 AM MDT