Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Anonymous Issues Message of 'Revolution' to the U.S. Government: Are You Scared Now?

Anonymous Issues Message of 'Revolution' to the U.S. Government: Are You Scared Now?

Posted - October 4, 2016

Responses

Iii cant anssswer thiiss.  Im too buzzzyy shaking inn my boooooootz!
      October 4, 2016 2:17 PM MDT

• Maybe they'll put on masks and rant about Scientology. Ooh--scary!
      October 4, 2016 2:19 PM MDT

IKR?!?!

LOL!

I'll give Anonymous serious consideration when they actually demonstrate their power by DOING something positive.
      October 4, 2016 2:21 PM MDT

• I had to buy the biggest butt-plug on the market just to keep from crapping myself. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 4, 2016 3:22 PM MDT
      October 4, 2016 2:25 PM MDT

ROTFLMAO!!
      October 4, 2016 2:31 PM MDT

The principles he mentions are principles I identify with, his declaration I do not.

Something awfully hinky here. The author of this video doesn't speak for me, 'nuff said.
      October 4, 2016 5:12 PM MDT

There's a lot hinky about Anonymous. Same as with Assange. 
      October 4, 2016 5:23 PM MDT

I was thinking more along the lines of the chosen wording.
      October 4, 2016 5:31 PM MDT

Nothing to be scared about. You don't have to throw it down, just stop holding it up. When the people withdraw their consent to be governed, the regime falls no matter what. All you have to do is wait until a large enough fraction of the people figure that out for themselves.
      October 4, 2016 6:12 PM MDT

I don't wait for anonymous, or anyone else for that matter, to speak for me.  Actions speak louder than words.  I hear a lot of people talking, but I don't see people doing.  

Factually, the bankers, in great measure through the corporations, control our governments...and thus they control us.  Opt out.  Obviously, we cannot entirely opt out, but we can each do so to the level we are comfortable with.  The more people that opt out of more things...the greater our impact.

I buy primarily from small, locally-owned and operated businesses.  Those people live where I live, they spend their profits here, they have a vested interest here.  I do not bank with the big banks.  I do not support companies whose practices I disagree with by giving them my custom.  

I support local charities, not ones that resemble corporations whose CEOs earn six-figure salaries...but ones where it is truly people helping people, without all the overhead and fundraising.  Hell, I've always been more apt to help people directly, but that's just me.  

Deprive them of their profits...you deprive them of their control.

On a side note, it is personally very...liberating.  
      October 4, 2016 7:27 PM MDT

Damnit, when you're through being an enemy of the state, could you PLEASE post something with which I can disagree?  All this head nodding is giving me a cramp. :-)
      October 4, 2016 10:02 PM MDT

You could expand upon that from personal experience.  I could go further, too.  The point is to make people think about where their money is going.

(Edit:  Spelling) This post was edited by Bozette at October 4, 2016 11:36 PM MDT
      October 4, 2016 10:52 PM MDT

I've been thinking about that ever since 9-11.  To this day I see those towers burning every time I stick a nozzle in my gas tank.

Yes, yes, I know, but at this point 'Arab oil' has become something of an avatar for every inappropriate, decadent or just plain wasteful expenditure of energy.
      October 4, 2016 10:54 PM MDT

• I didn't watch it.  No point really.  Anonymous have some abilities, but they're somewhat overrated - becoming the 'new' 'mysterious' thing (for a while at least).

A while ago Anonymous declared that they had 'declared war on' ISIS.  It got some media time.  Some wit observed that hopefully, at last, 'ISIS really are going to get f***ed by 72 virgins.'
      October 4, 2016 7:35 PM MDT

1) Correct.  At this point I think I'm pretty safe in my estimation of 'Anonymous' as a bunch of script kiddies.  When they unseat a player or a government, I might change my tune.

2) LOL!
      October 4, 2016 10:03 PM MDT

Of course nobody is doing anything. You get locked in jail for doing instead of talking. The cops are the deciding factor. Cops have families just like real people, and when they realize that they must switch sides to protect their own families, then the rebellion is won. But then you still have the same old problems under a new flag. You would think people would eventually learn something from repeating this cycle for thousands of years, but they don't. They just keep making the same stupid mistakes over and over.
      October 4, 2016 8:57 PM MDT