Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Am I signed in or ain't I?

Am I signed in or ain't I?

I was signed in.
I went to my email and clicked a link there. I was not signed in for that link.
I quit the site for a while, and then went to email again and clicked a link. I am signed in again.
The previous page where I was not signed in still won't allow me to post anything.
I don't even know what to call this bug. It blows me away! I am both signed in and not signed in.

Posted - October 4, 2016

Responses

I can see you out there with a little green light besides your avatar.
      October 4, 2016 8:49 PM MDT

Refresh the page where you're not signed in. You're obviously signed in or you couldn't ask, but if you signed out and left tabs open, then the other tab doesn't realize you're back yet. It's different scripts that run both. There's nothing to tell the alerts that you're logged in again because that page doesn't know you're back. If you took any kind of action besides trying to view alerts, it would revive the page and the alerts would come back to life.
      October 4, 2016 8:57 PM MDT

I was signed in and the email link opened a new tab and I was not signed in on that tab. But I was still signed in on the first tab. So I clicked "Questions" on the second tab, and I got the questions page, still not signed in, but still signed in on the first tab. Totally bazaar. (That is a bizarre way of spelling "bizarre." Just to emphasize the bazaarness.)
      October 4, 2016 9:09 PM MDT

• Guess you got banned. Too bad.

Check back at irregular intervals to see if you have been unbanned.

OR ARE YOU IN BETA LAND!???

DO NOT TALK ABOUT BETA LAND!!!!!

October 4, 2016 9:01 PM MDT

No, Mr. B, I am not a fish.
      October 4, 2016 9:09 PM MDT

The first rule of Beta Land is... :-)
      October 4, 2016 11:58 PM MDT