Discussion » Questions » Politics » If Trump wins, will it spell the END of Roe v Wade? How about gay marriage? I say YES.

If Trump wins, will it spell the END of Roe v Wade? How about gay marriage? I say YES.

Hello:

Of course, the president, by himself CAN'T repeal those laws.  But, the Supreme Court CAN, and Trump will STACK the Supreme court.  

excon

Posted - October 5, 2016

Responses

Sounds like a sound bet to me.
      October 5, 2016 7:05 AM MDT

No one has seriously tried to pack the court since Democrat FDR's 1937 proposal to expand the court from nine to fifteen judges, and to force the retirement of all justices over 70 or else appoint a voting "assistant" for those who refused the retirement. 

October 5, 2016 7:10 AM MDT

Hello More:

In addition to Scalia's seat, 2 liberals and 1 conservative are near 80.  They're either gonna retire of die in the next term. Trump is gonna put conservatives on the court.  I call it packing.  You call it something else..

excon
      October 5, 2016 7:49 AM MDT

And Hillary will appoint liberal judges. I call that packing the court, also.
      October 5, 2016 7:54 AM MDT

Hello S:

Yeah, that goes without saying...  And, it means Roe is safe along with a host of progressive laws.. 

Oh, does that sound like another attack???  Poor thin skinned right winger..  I thought you were "done" with me cause I attacked you.  You don't sound "done"..

excon
      October 5, 2016 8:03 AM MDT

The argument that a Republican win will end Roe v Wade has been made every election. Abortion rights are here to stay. But the question that remains is does a woman have the right to abort a 7 or 8 month old fetus, as is happening in many states. That is the issue that may come before the Supreme Court.

October 5, 2016 7:59 AM MDT

Hello again, S:

I dunno WHAT planet you're living on, but a Supreme Court with SEVEN right wing justices on it will ABSOLUTELY overturn Roe..  I dunno WHY you think they wouldn't..

excon This post was edited by excon at October 5, 2016 8:13 AM MDT
      October 5, 2016 8:07 AM MDT