Active Now

my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When in doubt about what to do how about using your own common sense and not relying on an outside decider? Ever try it?

When in doubt about what to do how about using your own common sense and not relying on an outside decider? Ever try it?

Posted - July 6, 2020

Responses

Every day.
      July 6, 2020 10:26 AM MDT

Common sense?  Are you mad??  People don’t have common sense anymore.  That's why they have to put warning labels on baby strollers saying – “Caution!  Remove child before folding”; and on clothes saying, “Caution!  Do not iron while wearing”.  What used to be “duh!” is now a revelation.  For many, the act of thinking requires too much effort.  They need someone or something else to tell them what to do (or not do) or how to act.  Each successive generation has less common sense as the previous one did everything for them.  In a few years there will be no common sense left on the planet.  And in a few decades, knowledge will be lost as well.

July 6, 2020 1:57 PM MDT

Okay. Wait a darn minit here m'dear! Wait a darn minit. Are you telling me with all honesty sincerity that what you have in quotes in the first 4 lines of your reply actually exist as-is? Or are you simply being illustrative of a worst case possibility to make your point? I have to tell you Shuhak I laughed out loud when I read them thinking you were at it again...taking the point to its logical absurd ridiculous extreme but then I thought maybe you actually read that on products. So I'm not going to assume anything. Here's a preview of a question. Do you think GROUPTHINK has done only damage or has some good come out of it? We know the partisan politico admirers are scripted. Elsewise why do they all sound alike using the exact same verbatim word-for-word "talking points"? Too much alike to be coincidence. It is boring annoying and seems to be growing. AARRGGHH. I like folks who think for themselves even if/when I disagree with them. At least I am getting live cogent here and now rather than some preserved canned old product they keep recycling because they're too cheap and unimaginative to make any changes. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      July 7, 2020 4:01 AM MDT

Those are actual warning labels on actual products.
      July 7, 2020 1:41 PM MDT