Active Now

Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What was the most recent planned event you missed because you got out of bed too late? I should have left home at 6 am today but did not.

What was the most recent planned event you missed because you got out of bed too late? I should have left home at 6 am today but did not.

~

Posted - July 7, 2020

Responses

About a year and a half ago, I'd planned to get up early on a particular day while on vacation to go watch the sun rise, but didn't quite make it. 

Happily, it's a recurring event. I managed to get up to witness it the very next day. 

July 7, 2020 6:12 PM MDT

Thank you for your answer.

:)
      July 7, 2020 6:15 PM MDT

You're very welcome!

:)
      July 7, 2020 6:34 PM MDT

I can't remember missing anything because of getting up too late, other than a few mornings in my working life turning the alarm off and then thinking I would lie there just a few more minutes.....nine-o'clock the phone ringing with a where are you?  I rarely use the alarm these days but when I do I often turn off the alarm but know I might fall asleep as I lie there.  I have a nice SS timer by the bed that I can easily set for 1-60 minutes.  Perfect.
      July 7, 2020 9:54 PM MDT

As a young sailor, I missed a mid-watch at a Naval base because I forgot to set my alarm. That was fifty years ago and I never did it again. I got eight hours extra duty.
      July 8, 2020 8:50 AM MDT

One day I’ll tell the story of my first port call in Hong Kong and having to face the Commanding Officer afterward.

(Of course, it involved a girl.)

~

July 8, 2020 9:41 AM MDT

I got a bit of a chewing from the ship's Captain, when, during a gunnery exercise, when we (Combat information center), lost the orange barrels we used for targets. When the drill was over, we shut down. Oops.
      July 8, 2020 10:48 AM MDT