Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The prez told SCOTUS "I am diffrunt. I am speshul". SCOTUS said "NO YOU ARE NOT". Does trump put out a contract on SCOTUS?

The prez told SCOTUS "I am diffrunt. I am speshul". SCOTUS said "NO YOU ARE NOT". Does trump put out a contract on SCOTUS?

At 7-2 vote THREE CONSERVATIVES say trump is not diffrunt and not speshul.

Posted - July 9, 2020

Responses

There is no law that compels presidential candidates or presidents to publicly release their tax returns, though it has been a custom for them to do so for more than 30 years. I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is that the SCOTUS did and has been overstepping its bounds.

For over two centuries, The Constitution of the United States has provided the ultimate definition of the rights and freedoms of the nation’s citizens. Concurrently, the Supreme Court has served as the ultimate interpreter of The Constitution. The task of the Supreme Court is not to rule on guilt or innocence, rather it is to "determine whether the decisions of lower courts are consistent with, or in violation of, the rights and guarantees defined by the Constitution".

That no longer appears to be the case. Although the Constitution continues to provide the aforementioned ultimate definition, that has become a moot point; the nine justices charged with interpreting the Constitution now apparently see themselves as legislators. The supreme court's latest 7 to 2 ruling about tax returns has nothing to do with their Constitutional duties as supreme court justices.

July 9, 2020 10:07 AM MDT