Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you talented? Multi? Among your talents which is your favorite form of expression? Why?

Are you talented? Multi? Among your talents which is your favorite form of expression? Why?

My sister hooks rugs, knits, crochets, paints, makes pottery. You name it. She can do it.
My mom was very talented too. Both very artistic.

Me? Not so much. Maybe in the kitchen I can sometimes create something really delicious. But I also have to discard things that didn't work out as I hoped they would. I think my winners are more than my losers but then it could be the other way around.

I'm always happy in the kitchen fixing things cooking baking experimenting. I guess it's my lab.

Posted - July 11, 2020

Responses

I crochet using my own designs when I make a baby blanket or an afghan.  Currently, I crochet neck scarves for the troops which I sent out to Operation Gratitude.  They include them in their care packages.  Now, with the virus, they are also helping out first responders and volunteers.  
      July 11, 2020 6:34 AM MDT

((hugs)) Proud of you I am my friend. Crochet? My Grandmother did some beautiful crochet work. I don't remember my mom crocheting but she did knit and was a wonderful seamstress. Made a living at it for a time when she worked for designers and would sew their samples. I never had a need to keep my hands busy I guess. My sis is always involved in doing something. She has a card table set up with a puzzle always going. Gawd forbid she just sits and watches TV or just sits and dreams. i do both. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      July 11, 2020 6:44 AM MDT

My mom knit beautifully - made a lot of sweaters for us and she sewed also, making almost all of our clothes.  We were four girls and my Mom didn't work, so it was just my dad's income.  She knew that sewing for us saved a lot of money and in junior high school, I was named Best Dressed!  She taught me how to crochet and do needlepoint and embroidery and cross-stitch.  I remember embroidering a tablecloth and napkins when I moved into my own apartment.  I haven't used them in ages, but still have them.  Still, I prefer to crochet and I do that while watching TV.  
      July 11, 2020 6:51 AM MDT

I'm a musician. I wrote my first tune when I was six years old.
      July 11, 2020 7:11 AM MDT