Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per trump "we're doing a GREAT job". Per Dr. Fauchi. "We are not doing great. We just are not". You pick the one you want and stick by him?

Per trump "we're doing a GREAT job". Per Dr. Fauchi. "We are not doing great. We just are not". You pick the one you want and stick by him?

Posted - July 11, 2020

Responses

I'm with Fauci. 

That's what happens when you have a political businessman in charge of handling a pandemic. Infections numbers continue to skyrocket because he refuses to encourage any restrictions (which would upset his fans), and because he wants to be the savior of the American economy (which pleases his fans) by keeping everything open. The numbers are currently terrible. Number-wise, it's about to become really silly, really soon. 
      July 11, 2020 1:23 PM MDT

We in America hit a high a couple of days ago righty. Over 70,000 NEW cases identified in one day. Dr. Fauci said we are on track to reach 100,000 NEW cases identified per day. By any measure how could that possibly be labeled "GREAT"? Yet the trump adoring worshippers keep adoringly worshipping him as the virus spreads. I'm not sure what message trump is trying to send. I think I shall have to ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! STAY SAFE m'dear! :)
      July 12, 2020 3:07 AM MDT

"YOU'RE A SLAVE TO YOUR MASK!". That's what a Trump supporter yelled at me and my wife from the sidewalk yesterday. He was a holding up a sign; "IMPEACH DEWINE", because our governor, Mike DeWine has now made masks mandatory in our area. We were sat in our car waiting for the light to turn green, I did a thumbs-down when he held this sign up in front of us, and that's what he yelled at us; "YOU'RE A SLAVE TO YOUR MASK!". And when the light turned green we could hear him yelling; "END TYRANNY!". What a whacko nutjob. 

Happy Sunday, Rosie. :)
      July 12, 2020 2:25 PM MDT

First of all CONGRATS for living in Ohio m'dear. Your Mike DeWine is a very fine governor. I was going to say "for a Republican" but for any political persuasion. WHY? Because he is there to do what's best for the people in his state and guess what? HE IS DOING IT! Element lives in Toledo. What city do you live in if you don't mind my asking? And since when is wanting to help save lives tyrannical? Nutjob is an understatement. Crackpot wackadoodlenoodle doesn't even begin to touch it. I'm going to use that bit of info for a question giving you indirect props. Boy that nutjob is multiplied by how many other nutjobs? I probably don't want to know. Too depressing! Thank you for your reply righty and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      July 13, 2020 5:58 AM MDT

There we're about a dozen of them. All without masks of course. And all looked to be in the highest risk category for a more serious disease, if they are to catch it. The guy yelling at us appeared to be the youngest of the bunch. It's a shame. I feel sorry for him really. His head is in the wrong place, worrying about the wrong things. He should be more worried about the risks of morbid obesity while he's still young enough. Instead of the damn masks. 

I agree with you on DeWine. He's doing alright. He's trying to be as bipartisan as he can for the safety of the state. I think he's a good guy! :)

Happy Monday, Rosie! :)
      July 13, 2020 11:56 AM MDT

Please be careful out there righty! You and your wife and your family and friends. For however long it takes we have to do what we know is best. It is so odd to me that people are so enraged at those who simply want to stay alive. They seem to be unreachable. They can't all be suicidal so what is it exactly that has so infected their brains they think ignoring the virus is the only way to go? Oh maybe theh got the virus in the brain and that's what the problem is. I'll ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine m'dear! :)
      July 14, 2020 3:18 AM MDT

I'll take the advice of Dr. Fauci, the world-renowned immunologist rather than the know-nothing poser in the Offal Office.
      July 12, 2020 7:55 AM MDT

Of course you do because you m'dear are a truth-based logical person. It could not be otherwise for thee. Thank you for the reply. I do catch your Offal drift. I wonder if any of "them" do? Perhaps they think you meant awful? Perhaps it looks correct to them though they absolutely know NOT of what they think. Anyway I like it. Will it get removed once someone looks it up? Mebbe bebbe! Happy Monday to thee L! :)
      July 13, 2020 5:54 AM MDT

As long as the death rate stays low and decreases....the case count does not matter. 

All these new cases and the number of deaths not jumping much higher and the number of serious cases still steady at about 16000. 
      July 12, 2020 5:11 PM MDT

I'd like to know what you're smoking.  Florida reported 15,300 in ONE day.  

www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-ne...

Jul 12, 2020 · Florida reported 15,300 new COVID-19 cases Sunday, shattering U.S. and state daily case records. 

July 13, 2020 6:28 AM MDT

Perhaps you should re-read my answer. I did nkt dispute that FL cases or cases in general have increased. (FL did nearly 150,000 tests in a day...so the positive rate was actually less than 10%...which is a decrease for them)

I was referring to the rate of deaths (which has only increased slightly) and the number of serious cases which has remained at around 16,000.   Now if all these cases are indeed something to worry about both the death and serious case numbers will increase dramatically. 

I do not smoke anything. 
      July 13, 2020 7:20 AM MDT

I see, so it's only bad if people drop dead.  Doesn't matter that they may be in the hospital or in the ICU - just so long as they're breathing.  
      July 13, 2020 11:46 AM MDT

As I said serious cases are also remaining flat or a slight increase staying at around 16,000. 
      July 13, 2020 11:52 AM MDT

July 13, 2020 7:26 AM MDT

Your charts does not specify which states they are leaving in and pulling out. I assume FL is one of the singled out states. 
    Here is the recent of FL alone. As you can seen 3 day average is down and 7 day average is flat to a slight increase.
    Now if that starts to significantly increase then FL has a big worry. But if the cases remain mild or asymptomatic then not so much. 
    Www.worldometers.info

July 13, 2020 9:37 AM MDT

The chart clearly says the graph on the right is Arizona/Florida/Texas and the graph on the left is all the other states [US excluding AZ/FL/TX).  IMO, and I assume you disagree, average deaths per day is not particularly meaningful.
      July 13, 2020 10:12 AM MDT

Sorry I did not see the states listed. 

I actually think average death pwr day is something to watch. Along with the rate of positive test. 

Case numbers not so much anymore as we are now testing people who are asymptomatic and younger so the comparison is now apples to oranges...compared to earlier. 
      July 13, 2020 10:37 AM MDT