Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Don't you either WIN or LOSE? When is anything really a DRAW? Examples if such exist?

Don't you either WIN or LOSE? When is anything really a DRAW? Examples if such exist?

Posted - July 13, 2020

Responses

Cricket - and a tense draw can be more gripping than a victory, if it's your team that's grimly hanging on while the opposition tries in vain to get them out.
    Happens a lot in soccer, too. 0-0, 1-1, 2-2.

Can't happen in tennis. A draw would have been a fair result in the Isner vs Mahut match, but the rules of the game don't allow for that.
      July 13, 2020 4:12 AM MDT

You SAW that match R? I think it was played over 3 days and the longest match in tennis history. It was something else. So a draw can be gripping but isn't it also FRUSTRATING? A tie means both teams are equal in talent right? Who can feel comfy about that? Thank you for your reply. Oh we've seen a few tennis matches of late..audienceless of course. I can't see a time soon when stands will be filled up again without social distancing and masks. Haven't seen Barty lately? Is she playing in any local matches? What this does to Roger I don't know. He may never win another major before he retires. Don't know about Djokovich after that scandal broke. He had parties during the Virus surges for several weeks and I haven't heard anything about how he or others are doing. Not very smart. I think Rafa may be number one. Djokovich might have outsmarted himself...he is arrogant. Roger is questionable. There are others who are younger who are very good. How it all works out and when is yet to be determined. Fingers crossed.
      July 13, 2020 6:27 AM MDT