Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » The Playboy Mansion was listed at $200 million in January. It just sold for $100 million to a neighbor. Isn't waiting a good thing?

The Playboy Mansion was listed at $200 million in January. It just sold for $100 million to a neighbor. Isn't waiting a good thing?

Posted - October 7, 2016

Responses

Good morning Rosie...
    The iconic Tudor revival mansion doesn't actually belong to Heffner, it is owned by the Playboy corp. and ol Hugh pays rent to live there.
    Part of the terms of the sale is that Hugh gets to live there for the rest of his life.
    The house itself has fallen into disrepair and isn't the gem it once was, you couldn't pay me enough to take a dip in the grotto's hot tub...
    The house was purchased by the same guy who bought the house next door from Playboy also a few years ago. He will most definitely have to do some remodeling when he takes possession of the property.
    As strange as the terms are, it is not the only house with these terms. There is also a house up here in Northern California that is for sale for 100 million which also includes letting the current owner live out his days there.
    Have a wonderful day m'dear

October 7, 2016 9:11 AM MDT

Thank you for filling in more of the backstory my friend. At first I thought "such a deal..discounted 50%". Now I understand why. But (here comes something unkind so avert  your eyes) it fits Hef perfectly. He has fallen into disrepair and isn't the gem he once was...assuming what he was at his best was gemlike and not satyrlike. Now you can look! Happy Saturday des. You know homes give off vibes and I can't even imagine what horrible vibes would be given off by that place considering what it was used for for so many years! A high-class brothel!:(
      October 8, 2016 5:05 AM MDT

Seems so in this case.
      October 7, 2016 5:37 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply MaCC  and Happy Saturday to thee!  :)

October 8, 2016 5:01 AM MDT